• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone into Bullet Journaling?

Buttonsy

Loser
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I'm not gonna attempt to explain Bullet Journals cuz they are kinda confusing to explain but there are absolutely websites out there if you don't know what it is!! It's basically just a more convenient form of journaling that kinda combines aspects from calendars, notebooks, diaries, planners, and to-do lists.

I just learned about this today and I was so struck by the idea that I have already started putting one together, and I was curious to hear if anyone else is into it and what you've learned from keeping a Bullet Journal or how your life has changed!!

no bc whenever i find something ive written in the past i just want to burn it no matter what it says

i've reallyyy been wanting to start one for awhile! i follow so many instagrams that showcase people's journals or even just their school notes :) i love looking at calligraphy especially! i've been collecting stickers and saving up for cool brush pens so i'll be ready once i finally start journaling : P

I have not yet started to bullet journal, BUT I am very intrigued. I already "smash" journal which is my favorite, and I love love love Project Life. It can be really simple, or really intricate. I love scrapbooking in general. But I love the thought of mixing the two, which is really like smashing.

i do! i guess i'll attach some photos??

bujo1.jpg
bujo2.jpg
bujo3.jpg
bujo4.jpg

I can't stand journaling because my thoughts move faster than the pen then I get lost and all frustrated

i used to do bullet journaling and i think it's great how you can customise it to the most suitable and personal layout for you, i used to include washi tape with mine too and it was all colour coordinated cause I LOVE THAT *** but now i'm too lazy and just use a 'ready made' diary/planner since i don't have the time to draw out all the layouts, i used to get sort of obsessive over how neat my bullet journal had to be too but now i'm all scribbly and gross with my new planner lol, i still try to colour coordinate some things though just not to the same extent

WHOA urs is so cute!! i tried to bullet journal back in april but i couldnt get into it haha. might pick it up again since i dont have a planner for school anymore!

aww thanks! but gosh the photos came out huge ;;
i think the best way to make bullet journaling a habit is to start slow... mine is all artsy and i color in it and stuff bc i'm cool with putting extra time into my journal, but honestly, doing extra art stuff takes a LOT of time and effort... early on, i almost gave up a couple times because i was just spending way too much time making it look nice and too little time actually getting stuff done.

if you want to get back into bujo-ing, i recommend that you start off simple. only use it as a to-do list and goal list with a planner for each month or something. you can add cute stuff later if you want, but don't ever feel like it's an obligation to make it look super artsy and tumblr-worthy :'') the pictures i uploaded are of nicer photos in my book- there are plenty of pages of just messy bullet points in black and blue ink. just use whatever format helps you the most- and good luck!! :)

Absolutely not. It's always seemed like a huge clutter and a waste of time. If I need to write something down, like an assignment or an appointment, I don't have time to make a spread for it & I certainly don't have time to draw, journal, print things out, or decorate each page. Efficiency is more important to me than a jumbled mess of journaling/to-do lists/appointments.

I did once upon a time for like... a month, but it was too much effort and extra work on top of the massive amount of homework I had this year. Not to mention it just became a type of procrastination for me :p

I would love to, but my handwriting is awful.

could never keep up with it. digital journaling was always easier for me. typing can keep up with my mind better than writing. because if i write, then i get distracted ny how neat it needs to look, if i wrote ot straight. plus i hate it when the pen/market/ink bleeds through, or of i leave corduroy marks om the next page.

oo that looks super cool ; v; honestly i've tried journaling many times (gosh i even tried a journaling app just to make it more convenient) but i just can't seem to stick to it aha... i like the thought of journaling and recording stuff about your life and whatnot but it's just not doable for me. i'm just terribly lazy LOL :(

I could never be organized enough to do that, I've always wanted to do a planner or a journal. I think if anything I might start journaling, but I feel like that would just make me realize even more-so how boring my life is... I'm jealous of my grandma who has kept a journal for years and years and writes in it everyday, she can tell you things you don't even remember happening on this day, it's really neat.

Not really. I don't think I could actually keep up and organize stuff like that unless I had to for a job lol, I'm a bit too cringe to write down everything since most is weird stuff anyways.

Aaaw those photos make me really want to get back into ANY kind of scrapbooking/memo keeping. Thanks 5cm/s :3

Yes! I started doing so last August. I keep it rather simple in the grand scheme of things. This was the start of my new one for this academic year:

LFxfTmt.jpg

Back