What's the story behind your town?

Not exactly a story, but my inspiration is from my recent trip to Copenhagen, and I'm trying to create a town with historical and traditional architectural aspects, but also with some very modern and ecologically friendly aspects. I'm basically just hoping it all blends together and doesn't look messy when I'm finished.

Nope, I just named my mayor and town after myself and my hometown, respectively. Boring but simple and easy to work with I suppose

My town is... to be honest is a town, but the theme in the town is a Dating Sim-like theme, where the human villagers are just there to supervise the places where the protagonist (the visitor of the Dream Address) tries to date with one of 10 villagers from the town (I'm still getting some of them, and I'm planning to do a female villager version). Different villagers will like different houses, so most of the time you'll be visiting some stores/locations such as the park (with benches and a jungle gym) or the greenhouse (with tons of plants and two swinging benches). Also, each character is an act, as you progress through the story you get to know more about the villager you're dating (for example, Walt totally likes to do bonsai gardening, and Sly has some self esteem problems with his body, also, Paolo wants to have friends and that's why he made a bathhouse his home). My inspiration for this was the Visual Novel Katawa Shoujo, but I grabbed something out of Morenatsu too. So yeah, it's fun to do a story on my town.

Tadaima is a chill zen themed town. I like to entertain that it's a town that still appreciates a mostly unmodernized lifestyle and refuses to update with the times for the most part. While some more modern aspects are incorporated in certain ways in the houses, I wanted the town to be focused with a tranquility sort of vibe. Overall, I just wanted my town to be a town..so my character houses will mimic establishments to suit that (restaurant house, bath house, temple, mayor house).

?nska will pretty much be the same in concept of a functional normal living town except not zen themed so that I can utilize all the other furniture and designs I wouldn't be able to in a zen town. It will also contrast with being modernized and with lots of lights. I can't say I've decided too much about what the house themes will be yet but they will most likely be practical in nature or similar (restaurant, school, hospital, etc).

Quy Nhon is nothing atm. Just storage, TTing, etc...so, not sure, what I'd choose in the future if I decide to convert it to another town. I'd probably be more interested in doing a town with a heavier theme like you see with horror towns or towns based on entertainment sources.

Overall though, my main guilty pleasure in this game is hoarding food items so displaying it all somehow is my motive lol...

Last edited:
My town of Salem is loosely based on The Enchanted Village from The Wishcraft Mysteries books. Most, but not all, the residents are witches, but not in a Harry Potter-esque way. They're just everyday people who happen to have been born with certain powers. It's a neighborhood with a slightly storybook/fairy tale feel to it, but still something that is livable day in and day out.

My mayor is based mainly on me and how I would fit into a setting like that. I'm also a witch, so weaving that into the everyday is fun - trying to find little touches to indicate a magical undertone without being too overt.

The books feature several animal familiars who speak and behave much like the villagers, so that fit into my head cannon quite nicely.

Back