• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I spent the last thirty minutes looking for a spiny lobster doing the diving that I absolutely despise, finally caught one and the minute I get back on land:

21742917_349608212148123_4713856997962271661_n.jpg

21462826_349608315481446_4427464635243898668_n.jpg

I have 4 ear shells in my inventory and he asks for THIS. This game is just......

of course I told him no... but still

Last edited:
Don't tell the others that I do this, but when the animals are going to offer a shirt or piece of furniture I can easily get at the Nookling stores or Able Sisters in exchange for a rare fish I spent a while on getting, I say the common phrase using the f-word towards the game in a rejectful tone. If they can't pay me to take rare items like this, they're not gonna have my rare items.

Don't tell the others that I do this, but when the animals are going to offer a shirt or piece of furniture I can easily get at the Nookling stores or Able Sisters in exchange for a rare fish I spent a while on getting, I say the common phrase using the f-word towards the game in a rejectful tone. If they can't pay me to take rare items like this, they're not gonna have my rare items.

PREACH!!!!

I usually interpret these events as villagers saying, "I want your item for free!"

Sometimes I go along and give the item to them - particularly if it is something I wanted them to have in the first place. After all, villagers often do give you items for free as well... Of course item I want to keep, or ones that don't fit them, I totally am not afraid to say no: I think it makes a statement to them that they crossed a line.

In other words, it works both ways! ^_^

This always happens to me when I finally find a bug or fish I still need to donate??? They KNOW.

that spiny lobster must've been a REALLY stinky crustacean to get the attention of a bird that doesn't have a nose.

Ugh I hate it when this happens, you catch something that's taken for ever or worth a good few bells and villagers offer you some pathetic nasty top :mad:

They do this all the time but sometimes, I can't refuse them ahhhh I'm such a good mayor ; A;

I once had Punchy offer to trade my Golden Stag for his Common Floor. It didn't bother me initially. Then I said no.

And he told me I was weird for not wanting to take such a great deal.

SCREW YOU PUNCHY!

That's why some people call them moochers, lol. x)
That said, they do seem to have an infinite supply of shirts, while they cannot catch a single bug or fish, no matter how long they try to. So cut them some slack. x)

Back