Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I spent the last thirty minutes looking for a spiny lobster doing the diving that I absolutely despise, finally caught one and the minute I get back on land:

21742917_349608212148123_4713856997962271661_n.jpg

21462826_349608315481446_4427464635243898668_n.jpg

I have 4 ear shells in my inventory and he asks for THIS. This game is just......

of course I told him no... but still

Last edited:
Don't tell the others that I do this, but when the animals are going to offer a shirt or piece of furniture I can easily get at the Nookling stores or Able Sisters in exchange for a rare fish I spent a while on getting, I say the common phrase using the f-word towards the game in a rejectful tone. If they can't pay me to take rare items like this, they're not gonna have my rare items.

Don't tell the others that I do this, but when the animals are going to offer a shirt or piece of furniture I can easily get at the Nookling stores or Able Sisters in exchange for a rare fish I spent a while on getting, I say the common phrase using the f-word towards the game in a rejectful tone. If they can't pay me to take rare items like this, they're not gonna have my rare items.

PREACH!!!!

I usually interpret these events as villagers saying, "I want your item for free!"

Sometimes I go along and give the item to them - particularly if it is something I wanted them to have in the first place. After all, villagers often do give you items for free as well... Of course item I want to keep, or ones that don't fit them, I totally am not afraid to say no: I think it makes a statement to them that they crossed a line.

In other words, it works both ways! ^_^

This always happens to me when I finally find a bug or fish I still need to donate??? They KNOW.

that spiny lobster must've been a REALLY stinky crustacean to get the attention of a bird that doesn't have a nose.

Ugh I hate it when this happens, you catch something that's taken for ever or worth a good few bells and villagers offer you some pathetic nasty top :mad:

They do this all the time but sometimes, I can't refuse them ahhhh I'm such a good mayor ; A;

I once had Punchy offer to trade my Golden Stag for his Common Floor. It didn't bother me initially. Then I said no.

And he told me I was weird for not wanting to take such a great deal.

SCREW YOU PUNCHY!

That's why some people call them moochers, lol. x)
That said, they do seem to have an infinite supply of shirts, while they cannot catch a single bug or fish, no matter how long they try to. So cut them some slack. x)

Back