Have you ever fallen asleep in the shower?

For all of you talking about how much water I wasted and the price of the bill....I'm not one to worry about that. I actually meant to fall asleep for a few minutes, but I didn't wake up. And I don't pay the water bill so I'm not worried, but my parents will when they go to pay it. I don't usually take a shower longer than 15 minutes. If I'm in a rush I can finish up in 5 minutes. When I fell asleep I had no intention of sleeping that long. I will have to try my best to prevent that from occuring again.

I have had no problems where I nearly died from sleeping in the shower. I rest me head on the front wall with my face away from the water. The water only rolls down the back and not the front of my body. And I can't fall in doing and I don't know how to explain, but I'll try. Imagine you take a ladder and prop it up against the side of the house. The reason I stay standing up is the same reason that the ladder stays propped up against the house. When my feet are wet (yours too) and they get wrinkles it's due to your feet adapting to the water. They wrinkle up to provide grip. Same for hands. My feet grip onto the floor of the shower and my head rests on the front. In doing so it provides a slight slant in my posture similar to the ladder.

I think that made sense. It did to me at least. I'm not saying it's not possible to get hurt resting in the shower, only that it's not as common an occurance than you'd think.

Fair enough. I must have gotten the wrong impression by you stating that you took a shower for nearly three hours and assumed you meant every time you shower. My assumption now is that it probably only occurred once?

yes i literally shower to sleep in it sometimes. i sit down always so im not sleeping standing up lol

Fair enough. I must have gotten the wrong impression by you stating that you took a shower for nearly three hours and assumed you meant every time you shower. My assumption now is that it probably only occurred once?

It's fine. I should've made myself more clear.

yes i literally shower to sleep in it sometimes. i sit down always so im not sleeping standing up lol

Congratulations you are officially the only person as of now to have replied yes.

Nah, I don't even spend enough time in the shower to fall asleep. Just hop in, wash everything and hop out.
I may have fallen asleep as a kid once in a bathtub but I just dozed off for a minute and had my arms hanging outside.
Definitely wouldn't recommend that though, just get clean and take a nap if you're tired. Don't create an issue.

Sounds dangerous, can't say I have or ever want to.

I feel you, It feels so comfy in the shower. I happen to do the exact same thing, and I force myself to get out of the shower before my family wonders what I'm doing I'm there :p

The bath yeah, but not the shower, I don't think that'd be very comfortable, plus my showers are rarely more than 10 minutes or so

Last edited:
No, I have not. Good thing you only took a 3 hour shower once, because that's wasting like more than 300 gallons of water (I think).

And I don't pay the water bill so I'm not worried, but my parents will when they go to pay it..
Wait, what? You don't care about wasting water because your
parents will worry about the water bill when they pay for it?

Last edited:
No, I haven't. If you're falling asleep in the shower, you need to get actual sleep in a bed more. Like do you have narcolepsy or something

No, I haven't. If you're falling asleep in the shower, you need to get actual sleep in a bed more. Like do you have narcolepsy or something

i just really love sleeping its the only time i can escape my thoughts, until i get a nightmare, but thats still fun because my mind comes up with the best ways to scare the crap out of me

no but once i kept falling asleep in class so the teacher was like
"stand up"
and took my chair

I woke up to "really *instert name here* really?"
I fell asleep standing. Which is harder than falling asleep in a shower, at least that's relaxing.

How on earth do you fall asleep in a shower? I can't even fall asleep in a car or plane.

Back