Have you ever fallen asleep in the shower?

Buttlet32

Livin' a Quiet Life
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mint
It's a pretty straight forward question. I personally love falling asleep in the shower.

I get in turn on the water as hot as it will go lean my head against the wall and let the steaming hot water roll down my back mimicking the same feeling you get when you are snuggled all warm and cozy under your bedsheets. I took a near three hour shower today because I fell asleep for two hours while in there. OH!! And what made it even better was we just installed a new showerhead that has different filters. I turned it straight to the jet option, so it felt like I was being massaged as well.

I can never understand how people can fall asleep standing up... but I am always scared of falling asleep in the bathtub ; ;

Nope, Usually the water keeps me up and I try my best to not fall too.

I know some people who fall in their shower and sleep in it lol. :p

I can't sleep standing up, but I've fallen asleep in the tub, it sucks because you wake up cold. Usually if that happens I'll drain some water, add in some more hot to warm my body before I have to get out. XD It's easy when you have candles on and it's dark and warm and usually I have some smelly bath bomb, and some light music on so it's just pleasant and super relaxing. Hard not to fall asleep in the bath. =]

Usually no because my showers are very short and I like to rinse off in cold water which wakes me right up. But I remember I fell asleep in the shower once.. but I was sitting on a stool not standing. It was the first shower I took after I got back from a 2 day hike and the hot water felt so good. I haven't taken a proper bath in years but I would probably fall asleep in one if I did.

No, that would be a waste of water honestly...

What a great waste of water and energy. You might be better off taking a bath instead, it won't be so bad for the environment and your water costs would also go down.

Nope. It'd cost too much, to be quite candid with ya. I remember falling asleep in the bathtub once and it was amazing.

It's a pretty straight forward question. I personally love falling asleep in the shower.

I get in turn on the water as hot as it will go lean my head against the wall and let the steaming hot water roll down my back mimicking the same feeling you get when you are snuggled all warm and cozy under your bedsheets. I took a near three hour shower today because I fell asleep for two hours while in there. OH!! And what made it even better was we just installed a new showerhead that has different filters. I turned it straight to the jet option, so it felt like I was being massaged as well.

It took you three hours to have a shower? Oh my, and I thought that my 15 minute showers were long.
I can relate to the use of hot water though, I tend to have the heat quite high especially during the cold months. So much so that my skin is very dry once I come out of the shower so I'm constantly applying lotion. In fact, I probably have it so hot that it's almost like sitting in a sauna or a pit of fire.

To answer your question, no, I have never slept in the shower. Especially for more than two hours.

God bless your water bill.

whaaaattt?
thats like, really dangerous??? what if you slip and hit your head, or if you're taking a bath, you slide down and start drowning... like.... why are you not scared of that happening???
also your water bill like everyone said lol

I like resting my eyes while taking a hot shower but I haven't fallen asleep on one yet since I can't sleep standing up like the villagers of animal crossing xD

whaaaattt?
thats like, really dangerous??? what if you slip and hit your head, or if you're taking a bath, you slide down and start drowning... like.... why are you not scared of that happening???
also your water bill like everyone said lol

You can't drown in the bath unless you lose consciousness for some reason or feel like it's a good suicide method.

Water bill... eh, it depends. Here in Scotland it's a flat rate and you can use as much water as you like (within reason, I guess). Spending hours in a hot shower would certainly bump up your gas bill, though.

For all of you talking about how much water I wasted and the price of the bill....I'm not one to worry about that. I actually meant to fall asleep for a few minutes, but I didn't wake up. And I don't pay the water bill so I'm not worried, but my parents will when they go to pay it. I don't usually take a shower longer than 15 minutes. If I'm in a rush I can finish up in 5 minutes. When I fell asleep I had no intention of sleeping that long. I will have to try my best to prevent that from occuring again.

I have had no problems where I nearly died from sleeping in the shower. I rest me head on the front wall with my face away from the water. The water only rolls down the back and not the front of my body. And I can't fall in doing and I don't know how to explain, but I'll try. Imagine you take a ladder and prop it up against the side of the house. The reason I stay standing up is the same reason that the ladder stays propped up against the house. When my feet are wet (yours too) and they get wrinkles it's due to your feet adapting to the water. They wrinkle up to provide grip. Same for hands. My feet grip onto the floor of the shower and my head rests on the front. In doing so it provides a slight slant in my posture similar to the ladder.

I think that made sense. It did to me at least. I'm not saying it's not possible to get hurt resting in the shower, only that it's not as common an occurance than you'd think.

No but have closed my eyes and stayed in the shower for nearly an hour when it's really warm but freezing outside.
It's nice to do in winter then getting into a nice clean bed.

Wow, that's crazy, haha x)
I've taken showers while really tired / "drunk" from lack of sleep, but I couldn't actually sleep there, standing up and all.

Back