• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer the arts or athletic things? Why?

Kurai Hiroma

Graphic Design Beginner
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6076-8721-7513
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Personally, I've always loved the arts. Singing is my favorite aspect of the arts, and what I've always loved to do. From as young as 3 years old, I would always sing. I've always taken honors choir and I'm considering vocal lessons to help improve my voice further.

I'm wondering why people prefer one thing over the other, and perhaps what they love most about it. :D

Athletic things - sport. I have no problem with the arts, I've played a couple of instruments and I enjoy plenty of music. Who doesn't? I've been to the Tate in London and I can appreciate art, "modern art" you might lose me but a Rembrandt or a Degas or a Titian I can at least appreciate them. They're evocative by nature, no qualms with them at all.

Sport though? Different animal. It's hard to really understand how sport can cultivate emotions the way it does. I've played plenty of football on especially good teams and especially bad teams and obviously the latter is less enjoyable but being competitive even in a kick-about is just thrilling. Sweating, effort, determination. I don't ever remember being good but I could run anyone off the park. Playing is you or your team, of course you're invested and win or lose (or draw or tie) it's going to make you feel something. Elation, crushing disappointment, regret, adoration. Then how can the same thing happen when just watching? I don't really know. I've been in the stadium watching my hometown football team and shouted and sworn at my team's players, the oppositon players, the referee, the opposition fans and it's raw off the cuff emotion. I can barely watch a sporting contest without having to pick a side I would prefer to win.

both.

i'm not big into sports, but i like exercising and doing other outdoor activities. i also love being able to do creative things like drawing, painting, etc. even though i'm not the greatest at them.

The arts.

Because any other activity would probably be the end of me.

Same. I don't have any sports/practice/exercise interest at all plus my knees are twisted as hell due to younger me being a dumb**** and not fixing em lol

Arts. My body is built for sports, but I like the arts much more!

Athletic because of football is life and Aaron Rodgers is hot! Lol

I prefer the arts. I hate playing and watching sports. I never understood the appeal. I won't deny that some sports players are pretty hot tho heh

I like both. Art is my passion but I do enjoy sports as long as it's casual. Friendly competition is fun.

I'm more of an arts kind of guy. Sports is exhausting and confusing lol Plus I just looove theaters/plays <3

Arts for sure. Never been athletic by any means. Been creative since birth! I love literally any medium where I can make something. Love drawing, sculpting, building, writing, baking, singing and yeah anything arts and crafts related I am ALL OVER IT!

i think it would be a tie if people in sports weren't so cocky and arrogant
ESPECIALLY my teachers like holy **** calm down im sorry for not being as competitive as you because everybody puts me down
i used to like drawing a lot but it's become something i don't like anymore

Definitely the arts. I love reading and writing with a goddamned passion, dude. Sports and things of the like just do not interest me in any way whatsoever.

Definitely arts. I did everything when I was younger and sports just never clicked with me. I think that's mostly because I don't have the competitive drive to really enjoy sport.. For me my teammates cared a lot about winning or you'd get made fun of for losing, and I just wanted to play to have fun. I like art because even when you're working together it's usually less about being better than the next more, and more about supporting each other. I think I'd like sports better if the girls on the teams were more uplifting :/ I can watch sports, but I'd rather go to an art museum or any type of music concert.

currently, i prefer the arts. drawing and painting is my art of choice, but i used to enjoy sports a lot. because of a lack of confidence in my abilities as a young teen, i gave up all sports and just pursued hobbies like animal crossing and video editing, which then through school turned into art because of my gcse choices. i don't regret this decision, but it would've been nice to see where i could've got to by doing sports for a longer amount of time.

also, as much as the arts are lovely, it's rather annoying being incredibly physically weak because my only exercise in a day is walking to school and back- lacking in confidence is a dreadful thing!

idk. i used to really like sport but everything around sports started making me really anxious so i felt like crap when i did it. it wasnt because of the exercise really tho so idk. in the last few years it has gotten even worse because i'm a dissociated mess and being aware of my body makes me feel really bad lol.
i used to like drawing but idk i dont really do it anymore so ??? i guess neither?

I prefer arts. Athletics are boring and the people into athletics tend to be not the type of people I want to be around.

Back