Can you undo damage done to your town during wi-fi visits?

WitchOfMiracles

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
Lobo
Tasty Cake
I searched for a bit but couldn't find a thread about this so I thought I'd just ask. I'm looking forward to getting new people to visit my town but I'm a bit nervous. I spent so much time on getting everything in the town just so, and I'm worried there may be an accident and something might get messed up (flowers getting destroyed, etc). Is there some way to undo damage that's been done during a wi-fi visit without the risk of messing up my save data? If I were to quit the game or turn off the 3DS while someone is visiting, would it undo the damage and would there be any risk of my game getting messed up by doing that? Thanks. Also I'm new so sorry if I'm asking in this in the wrong forum.

after the person leaves, your game saves so there's no way to undo damage, but while they're in your town, the best you can do is watch them closely. if they start to take things or ruin things, flip your wifi switch- it'll disconnect the session and reset everything to how your town was when they first arrived in your town. they'll be back in their own town, and if they took anything, they won't have those items anymore. it'll be as if the visit never even happened

:) hope that helped!

No need to be sorry, you're in exactly the right place!

If you flip you wifi off/turn your 3DS off without saving, it'll undo everything that's happened while your visitors were over, except for the fact that they visited in the first place.

The tricky thing is you'll need to follow them the whole time, or at least prioritize patrolling the things you'd be devastated to lose. If they leave before you notice a problem it'll be saved and nearly impossible to fix.

tbh I'd avoid even letting total strangers visit unless you're willing to lose at least something

after the person leaves, your game saves so there's no way to undo damage, but while they're in your town, the best you can do is watch them closely. if they start to take things or ruin things, flip your wifi switch- it'll disconnect the session and reset everything to how your town was when they first arrived in your town. they'll be back in their own town, and if they took anything, they won't have those items anymore. it'll be as if the visit never even happened

:) hope that helped!

No need to be sorry, you're in exactly the right place!

If you flip you wifi off/turn your 3DS off without saving, it'll undo everything that's happened while your visitors were over, except for the fact that they visited in the first place.

I have a New 3DS so I don't have the wi-fi switch anymore. But I guess turning off the 3DS or quitting the game would do the same thing?

The tricky thing is you'll need to follow them the whole time, or at least prioritize patrolling the things you'd be devastated to lose. If they leave before you notice a problem it'll be saved and nearly impossible to fix.

tbh I'd avoid even letting total strangers visit unless you're willing to lose at least something

Yeah that sounds like a problem... I have hundreds of flowers all over my town so it would be hard to keep track of each spot. I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and assume everyone will be nice but even if they are nice there could still be innocent accidents especially with so many flowers around. It would be such a shame to lose any of my flowers. I'll think about what to do. Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

Last edited:
Adding to what's above, if you have a New 3DS, it won't have a Wi-Fi switch (I think). In that case, you can either just eject your game card (safe to do if it isn't saving, and I believe it won't trigger Resetti during multiplayer) or reset your router/go out of range.

I've only met one jerk on here (and it wasn't myself, lol), so you're pretty safe. Be more cautious of newer members and don't forget to leave reputation. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a New 3DS so I don't have the wi-fi switch anymore. But I guess turning off the 3DS or quitting the game would do the same thing?

Only issue being you can't exit the game during multiplayer unless you're all hacked or homebrewed up. Not sure if it prevents power-off or not as I've never tried - if it does, you can force your 3DS to turn off by holding down the power button for a fairly lengthy time.

Adding to what's above, if you have a New 3DS, it won't have a Wi-Fi switch (I think). In that case, you can either just eject your game card (safe to do if it isn't saving, and I believe it won't trigger Resetti during multiplayer) or reset your router/go out of range.

I've only met one jerk on here (and it wasn't myself, lol), so you're pretty safe. Be more cautious of newer members and don't forget to leave reputation. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only issue being you can't exit the game during multiplayer unless you're all hacked or homebrewed up. Not sure if it prevents power-off or not as I've never tried - if it does, you can force your 3DS to turn off by holding down the power button for a fairly lengthy time.

My copy of the game is digital so I can't use the ejecting method. Looks like my best bet is to just hold down the power button and hope for the best. Thank you for the help.

My copy of the game is digital so I can't use the ejecting method. Looks like my best bet is to just hold down the power button and hope for the best. Thank you for the help.

Removing the SD card would also work... but on the New 3DS it's behind the battery cover because Nintendo wants to make life as difficult as possible. Looks like the power button may be your only option, minus resetting the router. :/

I just tell new visitors to stay on paths and no running and never had any problems. (And not to shop at retail since I send everything back to my villagers lol) Not stealing is common sense.

I've never had someone leave my town without me using the End The Session function. If someone decides to leave on their own, does the usual blue banner appear saying something like "Someone is leaving"? Because if so, would it be possible to quickly shut down the game right then and prevent anything that happened to your town from being saved? Or is that too much of a risk powering off the game right then in case it's in the middle of saving? I guess not many people may have been willing to test something like this in case it corrupts your data.

Last edited:
Back