Anyone else feel lonely?

Arjh

Lost soul
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
It's 7.40pm here in the U.K. and as usual I'm stuck at home feeling lonely while others are getting ready for a night with friends.
I'm fed up with hearing about how others have great times with their friends while I can't even get my one so called friend to spend anytime with me outside of work.

So I was wondering if anyone else feels like a lonely outsider and if there's any suggestions on how to feel better?

Yes. All the time. I have depression and social anxiety, and those don't help. This is going to sound cheesy and I bet you've heard this before, but putting yourself out there really is everything. Something you always wanted to try? A club you want to join? Do it. The hard part is that you have to force yourself to step out of your comfort zone to meet people, and that's always uncomfortable and feels awkward. The more things you try, though, the more likely you are to find your crowd. :)

I'd like to get out more for sure, but I only have one or two close friends, so I suppose you could say that I'm alone.

That doesn't mean I'm lonely, but I'm alone, yeah.

i have no real life friends and people think im scary

- - - Post Merge - - -

but i think sometimes its nicer to sit down and text your friend from across the world

I wouldn't say I'm lonely, but sometimes I feel lonely. I'm unemployed right now, so that means I'm home alone all day while my mom and boyfriend are at work. Makes me feel a bit lonely for sure.
Also, I don't have many friends, which makes me a bit sad sometimes. I'd love to throw a party or whatever for my birthday, but when you can only invite 2 or 3 people, it's not much of a party.

Yes. All the time. I have depression and social anxiety, and those don't help. This is going to sound cheesy and I bet you've heard this before, but putting yourself out there really is everything. Something you always wanted to try? A club you want to join? Do it. The hard part is that you have to force yourself to step out of your comfort zone to meet people, and that's always uncomfortable and feels awkward. The more things you try, though, the more likely you are to find your crowd. :)

This is actually a good idea but sadly everytime I try to get to know people my shyness and lack of confidence holds me back. It also doesn't help that I seem to not have anything in common with anyone, I feel like I'm just too different.

I surprised at how others feel just as bad as I do and I'm glad we have each other in this community.

Nah, I have a few IRL friends I hang out with on a regular basis.

And a few chatrooms of online friends.

Last edited:
Back