IRL stuff I've only seen on Animal Crossing before

On topic, Animal Crossing taught me English! I'm not a native speaker. When I started playing ACWW, I was 10 years old and I didn't understand a thing, but through the years it has definitely helped me learn the language. And the bugs and fish of course as well.

Oh, wow! That's quite a feat! :D It truly is a great game, isn't it ;v;
I'm also not a native speaker, and games, tv shows and etc. definitely helped me, but sadly not AC, as I only started playing this year.

i actually never knew what cicadas looked like until i played animal crossing. i've always heard them during the summer, but i've never seen one up close.

they're very cool bugs, tbh.

Last edited:
Bringing this back because I just found a picture of an Oarfish and whoah!

Sem título.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sem título.jpg

You should visit the Netherlands! Fields of tulips, and windmills everywhere. Sometimes even together!

On topic, Animal Crossing taught me English! I'm not a native speaker. When I started playing ACWW, I was 10 years old and I didn't understand a thing, but through the years it has definitely helped me learn the language. And the bugs and fish of course as well.

I'm a native speaker of English (and Portuguese kind of) but I once wanted to learn French so I just changed the language to French and most of the time I can understand what the game is saying.

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 208858

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 208858

Wow a lot bigger than in Animal Crossing

Yikes! Throw it back!

It is really cool to see these things outside of the game :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've also set my game to other languages to immerse myself more in them. Amazing that you could learn from the games in so many ways!

i actually never knew what cicadas looked like until i played animal crossing. i've always heard them during the summer, but i've never seen one up close.

they're very cool bugs, tbh.

I have a really bad fear of cicadas, coincidentally the year they came out (2012 or 2013 I forgot) I read a book called Cicada Summer, and since they only come out every 17 years I had no idea they existed lmao, so I just thought whoever wrote the book made up cicadas.

but yeah, they scare me. I was always afraid to walk home from school because there are a lot of trees by my house and I would sometimes mistake a shell for a cicada... man

I hate cicadas

It's not uncommon that people in my life ask me, "How did you even know what that fish was?".

Was pretty excited when I learned what an Ocean Sunfish was in real life!

There was a tarantula chilling out in one of the carports at my apartment complex several weeks ago. Pretty sure they're not native to my area so I figure it was someone's pet that got loose. I've seen various rose colors at the Rose Gardens in L.A.

So a random fact about me is I collect dead things, I have posted this around a few places, but a bulk of my collection is bugs. I actually have a lot of the bugs in game, that I hadn't previously seen IRL, including a Cicada and a jeweled beetle. Let me see if I can find pics of the displays I have...
51hcgf4pZoL._SX342_.jpg

71JbZp1qqyL._SL1309_.jpg

Those are the two displays I have, and then I have multiple single butterfly displays, as well as loose local bugs I've found dead in jars and stuff, but these displays have a lot of non-native bugs that I hadn't seen IRL so it's neat having them. As you can see there's also a longhorn and a few other in game bugs. =D I hope someday to get a shadow box custom made with the most expensive in game beetles and have a little sign saying like "Break in case of Bell Emergency" or something silly.

Animal crossing taught me A LOT about insects and fish! I bet nobody I know irl would know the names of those fishes and bugs you showed us. Sadly, I believe the only thing in Animal Crossing that I saw in real life is the common butterfly, but maybe there's more out there :)

I just recently saw a walking leaf for the first time ever irl.

I've seen countless walking leafs in ACNL.

Most of the insects and fish I have never seen in real live. Where I live there are no such fishes and insects.

I just recently saw a walking leaf for the first time ever irl.

I've seen countless walking leafs in ACNL.

I actually got one a few years ago, sadly it had died by walking onto the insecticide line at my work. =[
I had only previously seen the stick bugs, not the leaf ones. But now the little leafy guy is part of my collection. =]

Back