Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
So, the other day I found this picture and took a while to set in...

tumblr_n3ffnl7oAY1rb96gmo1_1280.jpg

This is a golden stag! I've never seen one IRL before,even though I caught many in game.
So that's why they're so valuable on animal crossing, they're beautiful!
In-game, they're not as impressive.

A while later, I found this other picture...

tumblr_oiws2uYm3Q1qkd3oto6_1280.jpg

A black Lily! Never seen one IRL either, but I have plenty on my town. It's also prettier than its game counterpart.

And last but not least...

4064497797_401ebe035b_z.jpg

A napoleon fish! It looks exactly the same on-game, except it's so huge! In this case, I'll take the AC one any day... x)

What about you? Have you seen something IRL for the first time and realized later you already knew it from the game? :)

Oh man... most of my knowledge of fish and bugs came from this game. Every time I'm in an aquarium I'm always excited to name all the fish that resemble what I've caught in ACNL lmao. My best friend has to deal with it.. and sometimes I forget she knows I play this game and she's always like "yeah yeah I know it took you hours to catch one in your damn animal town" :'D

I've had to google a couple furniture items in the game that I had no idea existed in real life. I didn't know cucumber and eggplant horses were a thing?? But then I searched it and found out about the Obon Festival. They are just as bizarre looking IRL as they are in game. This game is very educational lol.

i love how you can learn so many new things from acnl! it taught me a lot about bugs, fishes and furnitures. i used to be an art history major so the paintings and statues in the game were nice to look at too.

Yesterday my friend had brought dates to school and she asked me if I knew what they were, and I was like, "Yeah! I saw it on a game I play called Animal Crossing!" So when she finally took them out, they looked nothing like they do in game lmao! And she said they taste like caramel, which I disagree, it tastes like prunes to me.

I know many stuff now ever since I picked up ACNL. Animal Crossing just makes me want to learn more about animal life!

I love it when I'm in a museum/aquarium and I see names I know from Animal Crossing. Though often I don't recocnize them immediately, because I'm Dutch.

I actually didn't know alot of the bugs in animal crossing were actually real haha
So I've 'discovered' alot of new bugs because of this game!

Similarly I discovered quite a few bugs and fish I'd never heard of too as well as quite a few hybrids like black lilies and cosmos.

I also didn't know that animals walked around on 2 legs, talked to each other and lived quite fulfilling lives :p

Before this game, I was a fan of Pokemon, and one of my favorite ones was Milotic. I never really knew what they based its design off of until in Animal Crossing, I caught the rare Oarfish. The resemblance really shows between the two!

Before this game, I was a fan of Pokemon, and one of my favorite ones was Milotic. I never really knew what they based its design off of until in Animal Crossing, I caught the rare Oarfish. The resemblance really shows between the two!

OMG, I never realized that!! And I know the oarfish and mylotic... I feel dumb now. x)
Staying on topic with pokemon, Dr. Shrunk would be a mudkip, Tom Nook a zigzagoon and so it goes... x)

I had only seen cockroaches in Wild World until I was in college and there was one in my dorm bathroom...but I would have been perfectly content if I'd never seen one outside the game.

On a happier note, I'm currently working on a field of tulips with a windmill (when Phoebe suggests it...) in my town, and I'd absoloutly love to see a whole field of them in real life, I've only seen them in bouquets and in gardens.

When I was a little kid playing the original game cube Animal Crossing I never knew what the kotatsu item was. Years later when I got into watching anime (I think it was Ouran High School Host Club) I saw one being used and was all like 'Oh that makes sense now.' So now whenever I see a kotatsu being used in an anime I think of Animal Crossing.

I was at a Bass Pro shop, which if you don't know is a store that specializes in outdoor equiptment like for fishing, hunting and camping. They have a huge fish tank and I was reading the list of fish and the only ones I recognized were ones from the game. And they look exactly like the game versions of them. My husband rolled his eyes when I pointed them out, lol.
I was watching a tv show and they mentioned something but I didn't know the name but when I saw it I recognized it as a dharma from the game. If I see something that is in the game my first thought is always that's in animal crossing.

this game has taught me a lot, actually, especially insects and stuff. that picture of the golden stag is crazy! i knew it existed I've just never seen one. thankful this game has given me extra knowledge on the little things:)

Last edited:
Shrunk is actually based off a Salamander known as an axolotl:

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Axolotl

So cute!

Another thing about the Oarfish: If you give Chip one, he won't eat it, saying it is way too oily for consumption. It made me wish to draw a happy Milotic below the screenshot, saying, "That's right! Besides, I'm too cute to be eaten!" *^_^*

Last edited:
Shrunk is actually based off a Salamander known as an axolotl:

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Axolotl

So cute!

Another thing about the Oarfish: If you give Chip one, he won't eat it, saying it is way too oily for consumption. It made me wish to draw a happy Milotic below the screenshot, saying, "That's right! Besides, I'm too cute to be eaten!" *^_^*

That I knew, I love axolotls! Mudkip is also based on one, the blue one (https://axolotlcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mudkip.jpg) :)
That Chip thing, though! Wow, this game is so detailed it's crazy! :)
I wonder if he'd eat a Coelacanth?? x)

That I knew, I love axolotls! Mudkip is also based on one, the blue one (https://axolotlcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mudkip.jpg) :)
That Chip thing, though! Wow, this game is so detailed it's crazy! :)
I wonder if he'd eat a Coelacanth?? x)

Ah... I can now see how that works! I always thought Mudkip was based off a mud skipper - but after looking at pictures, it looks like the name "Mudkip' seems kind of strange... Although I saw that a "mud puppy" also might hold the 6 gills as well.

Last edited:
I had only seen cockroaches in Wild World until I was in college and there was one in my dorm bathroom...but I would have been perfectly content if I'd never seen one outside the game.

On a happier note, I'm currently working on a field of tulips with a windmill (when Phoebe suggests it...) in my town, and I'd absoloutly love to see a whole field of them in real life, I've only seen them in bouquets and in gardens.
You should visit the Netherlands! Fields of tulips, and windmills everywhere. Sometimes even together!

On topic, Animal Crossing taught me English! I'm not a native speaker. When I started playing ACWW, I was 10 years old and I didn't understand a thing, but through the years it has definitely helped me learn the language. And the bugs and fish of course as well.

Last edited:
Back