Letting go of originals

Vonny

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I've had Walt and Timbra in my town since launch and I'm attached to them and never even considered moving them out ....until I played Wild World. I made new friends and reconnected with a bunch of new and old villagers from my 2005 save file and now I want them in my New Leaf town. I had to stop playing Wild World for a bunch of reasons but I still want to play with my old friends. :p plus I need a change of scenery and to freshen things up (I've only cycled about 25 villagers in total since launch and the thought of having a new horde of new villagers sounds exciting)

I think about this a lot and if I ever move them in then Walt and Timbra would have to go because I refuse to let go of my top three favorites in my town and I also want a smug and uchi for variety so my originals are sadly on the chopping block. I can let go of the others guilt free but you only get 5 originals and moving them back in just isn't he same... I mean I really want to do it but I don't want to lose that original bond plus I wouldn't be able to say I still have my originals anymore and I'd feel like a traitor. Lol

Should I do it? Like I said I want to but its hard to let go of villagers I've had for over 4 years :/

Well, this is certainly a hard choice! I let go of all my originals, however, as they weren't very pretty and I didn't connect with any of them save Rasher. For me, I just had better options! I think it would be fun to freshen things up for you too~ you've had the same guys for 4 years! And I'm sure they've pinged to move in all that time, so they certainly want to see the world themselves.

Now, I would never let go of my current villagers (except maybe Julian), maybe you should get to that point by exploring other villagers and see if you would ever consider moving them out--you might find new favorites!

A couple minutes ago while dropping patterns Walt pinged me and asked me if I thought he was super nice or scary, I said super nice and he said I was the only one that gets him. Now I've reconsidered and don't want to replace him anymore. Lol

Last edited:
I let all my originals go years ago. Ch?vre stayed the longest, a little over a year I think. Setting up pictures of villagers that moved away is always an option, and it's quite sentimental. My favorite villagers and all of my originals are displayed in my upstairs room. Well, all my originals but Kevin. He wasn't my fav but he grew on me; however, his picture frame was black and all the others kinda sticked within a pastel color scheme.

I think the expression used here is "starter". Originals gets confusing with the whole original clothes/furniture thing. x)
I still have 3 of my 5 starters on Sundance, and have no plans of letting them go too~ on Hangzhou, as it was a planned town with set villagers (but I didn't start adopting until I had 9), I didn't keep any of my 5 starters, but the 6th random move in (so, kinda a starter?) was Agnes and she'll stay. :)

I like things to be nice and orderly and in my current situation, my starts/originals have really great housing locations that I've already landscaped around, which makes it difficult and inconvenient to move them out. But the idea of having new villagers is really nice, so i will probably make the effort to switch them up in the future. I try not to get too attached to villagers in my 2nd town so I can let them go in and out freely. I also designed the town in a way that the only "open" areas are plots for villagers, the rest I've blocked off with paths... but yeah it's your choice, but there are sooo many villagers, you'll probably find someone else to love very quickly. Also, if you don't cycle more villagers out, they'll just live on your main street anyways so you can still see them hanging around.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I ended up deciding against it :/ I found out Timrba might be based on a pine cone and she now has a whole new level of cuteness. Lol

Oh well. Maybe I'll recruit my Wild World villagers one at a time or in AC: Switch :p

I have serious attachment issues. I can't let go of ANY of my originals. I love them soooo much. I didn't really like two of them at first but now they are my BABIES and I can't let go.

Back