• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

North Korea

that's really difficult and dangerous, not only for the people in north korea or countries close to them but also for like Everone. im not saying it's literally impossible to free north korea but you can't "just take over already" bc it's complicated and millions of people would be at risk of being killed bc of it so it's better to kinda Chill.

Well no ****, Sherlock. Invading a country is never easy or safe. But you know what? You're right, we should just chill and leave millions of people to suffer because it's easy and safe if you do nothing. It doesn't matter if their kids starve, and die in the streets. It doesnt matter of they execute people publicly and force anyone over the age of 12 to be present for it. It doesn't matter if, after leaving for the third or fourth time because they can barely afford to survive, they're beaten to death or shot.

America could take over, by the way. We're the sole superpower on Earth. China cant fight us and North Korea sure as heeeellll can't fight us.

Well no ****, Sherlock. Invading a country is never easy or safe. But you know what? You're right, we should just chill and leave millions of people to suffer because it's easy and safe if you do nothing. It doesn't matter if their kids starve, and die in the streets. It doesnt matter of they execute people publicly and force anyone over the age of 12 to be present for it. It doesn't matter if, after leaving for the third or fourth time because they can barely afford to survive, they're beaten to death or shot.

America could take over, by the way. We're the sole superpower on Earth. China cant fight us and North Korea sure as heeeellll can't fight us.

Okay, so boots hit the ground in North Korea and they use their nuclear capabilities to fire their shiny new ICBMs at Guam, Japan, South Korea and the mainland United States. Are we sure the missile defences are going to save everybody from armageddon?

the north koreans have a massive army. "taking over" isn't straightforward.
plus, if america went to do this, i'm pretty sure china would back north korea. i could be wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

"that storm last night sounded like one of kee joo-joo il's missiles or whatever he's called" -my dad

the north koreans have a massive army. "taking over" isn't straightforward.
plus, if america went to do this, i'm pretty sure china would back north korea. i could be wrong.

According to Wikipedia North Korea has a 25,000,000 population, assuming they would conscript anyone they could I would assume the United States could field a larger force which would be better trained and equipped (implying only America would fight this imaginary war.) China backing North Korea seems possible given they seem to be one of their few "friends" in terms of international diplomacy but would they really commit to saving the North Korean regime? This is all predicated on any of this actually occurring which seems extremely unlikely despite current events.

"that storm last night sounded like one of kee joo-joo il's missiles or whatever he's called" -my dad

Close enough.

do you think nuclear war, another korean war, an even worse dictator taking over, and/or literally only making everything worse is better than letting people suffer? the situation isn't ideal Obviously but world leaders have to make sure they don't make things worse. idk what would be the best approach but just going in and being like Yo We Want To Take Over could lead to a bunch of bad things.
obviously something has to be done but overthrowing the north korean government just like that isn't a realistic or safe thing to do

also with that last line oh boy are you serious
it doesn't matter if you can sit safe at home in the us, if the usa start a war against north korea people will die. what are you going to do, drop some nuclear bombs on the 25 million people living in north korea? sure the us military is big but that doesn't mean that it can do stuff that would benefit people. you need to think a bit about what to do and try to solve things as peacefully as possible.
we don't need more wars in the world. there are other ways to solve conflicts than starting wars

What? Crazy. We just go in and take over just like that. There are no nuances, no details, no issues. We just go in and take over. All these years and we could have ended by just going in and taking over. It's a foolproof plan. Why have they not tried it?

buddy idk if youre serious or not but uh okay then

Well I'm set up for a job in Japan. I'll be moving there within 5 months. Hopefully nothing bad happens. Really, God forbid. But I'll be moving there regardless of what happens

Okay, so boots hit the ground in North Korea and they use their nuclear capabilities to fire their shiny new ICBMs at Guam, Japan, South Korea and the mainland United States. Are we sure the missile defences are going to save everybody from armageddon?

Not even nukes, they still have old shelling capabilities.

And who's to say they don't have sleeper agents in SK to do a bio attack?

Trump needs to stops making threats, because that will cause much more destruction. If a North Korean missle falls on Japan or South Korea or somewhere else, China will take care of it, if Trump bombs North Korea first, China will take North Korea's side and we all die.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What? Crazy. We just go in and take over just like that. There are no nuances, no details, no issues. We just go in and take over. All these years and we could have ended by just going in and taking over. It's a foolproof plan. Why have they not tried it?

If you just go in there and take over, we will get a North Korean version of ISIS like when the USA invaded Iraq, we have to have a very good plan to prevent that. China would be very mad at this though.

Last edited:
i just wish that there was something we could do for all of the people suffering over there, especially for those who're being brainwashed, starved, thrown into concentration camps, etc. it's not fair that they're being put through that.

North Korea is BS but America has absolutely no business interfering as it is also BS.

Personally, I think the Koreas should remain divided. The two countries are way too different to ever reunite. The economic issues would be enormous. But I don't trust North Korea at all so I'm sure there's always going to be a sizable force nearby to defend the South.

And I think it's funny when people think America has no right to intervene and defend our allies lol next joke.

Not even nukes, they still have old shelling capabilities.

And who's to say they don't have sleeper agents in SK to do a bio attack?

Absolutely they do. I would not be surprised about the latter either, given the way Kim Jong-Un had his brother assassinated at that Malaysian airport by those two women. Not completely sure on this, but I thought someone had decided North Korea was somehow behind the ransomware attack that went off earlier this year and badly hit the NHS' computer network. Shame they get no funding for even nurse's salaries never mind Windows 7.

If you just go in there and take over, we will get a North Korean version of ISIS like when the USA invaded Iraq, we have to have a very good plan to prevent that. China would be very mad at this though.

If you just go in there and take over you will have to deal with all the rockets they launch at you in America (nuclear or not) before you deal with the brainwashed fanatics who still believe in the Kim regime if you win the war you start by sending troops there. China got involved in the 1950s when General MacArthur pushed too close to the border and with the instability and nuclear threats China is in a far more perilous position now than it was then.

Personally, I think the Koreas should remain divided. The two countries are way too different to ever reunite. The economic issues would be enormous. But I don't trust North Korea at all so I'm sure there's always going to be a sizable force nearby to defend the South.

And I think it's funny when people think America has no right to intervene and defend our allies lol next joke.

I think that North Korea should be completely reformed, and get itself worked out and get richer, then once that's happened (if it ever does) than they should reunite.

North Korea is BS but America has absolutely no business interfering as it is also BS.

While I agree the USA is bs (North Korea too of course), I still think it should defend its allies in the region.

Last edited:
Honestly the whole subject of North Korea and nuclear war terrifies me

If Trump's latest speech about North Korea during the UN meeting is any indication, things are going to boil over sooner than later.

If Trump's latest speech about North Korea during the UN meeting is any indication, things are going to boil over sooner than later.

...And yet you see people on other threads talking about how he's been doing a pretty good job so far -.-

I don't know much about it, but I can safely say that if it wasn't for China, the US would have obliterated them off of the map.

Also the citizens of the nation state of NK are contemporary propaganda, no matter what anyone says. They have no access to the outside world whatsoever and I feel so bad for them. They're being brainwashed into following inhumane laws.

Last edited:
Back