• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

No salmon?

The_Storyteller

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi all,

So I've been looking around my waterfall for salmon and king salmon, and I'm not having much luck! I snagged a few early on in the month, but now I can't seem to find any salmon in my town. I know king salmon are pretty rare but I haven't had a single regular salmon show up in my town at all for three days, which is weird since they're supposed to be common.

I've read that salmon are easier to find at the start of September, but as I said, this has been happening for a few days. Do I just have a town that doesn't spawn many salmon or what? Please help!

Me too! I found some salmon a while back, but lately it's all char. No king salmon for me to donate yet. :(
Good luck for you, hope you'll find one~

Just keep at it. For me it always takes awhile to get the 'first' salmon and then i can't do anything BUT catch them at that spot

I did a google search and it said more common after the 15th of September. It also said to try after 9pm for the king salmon. It said walk up and down the ocean to help encourage them, worth a try.

I'm almost certain my town is glitched for salmon. I spent at least 5 hours stubbornly hunting the waterfall. I go to a friend's town, and it is the only fish I can catch there. I have no issue with char, though.

I caught the king salmon at 9pm yesterday evening on the beach, by the waterfall. Good luck.

I've only been able to catch a regular salmon so far. I always forget to look near the waterfalls when I'm walking around.

Oh man, it's funny to see this thread because I decided to go on my game to search for a king salmon (and a char) since I have yet to catch those two and I just can't seem to find them. I've gotten a few salmon, but still no king salmon and not even a char.

Same here, I caught lots of salmon at the start of September but not catching any now.
Also caught only 1 king salmon late on and haven't seen any since.

Since it's now after the 15th, you should be able to find them in any part of the river. They're available all day so keep searching. You'll get one.

What I do is save and continue by the waterfall until a fish shadow shows up. If no fish shadow, then I save and continue. It worked, I have all 3 fish in the museum now.

Update: I finally caught a king salmon yesterday, and a ton of regular salmon! I'm actually really enjoying catching the salmon even though they're super common. Fishing after 9pm was a great idea!

Update: I finally caught a king salmon yesterday, and a ton of regular salmon! I'm actually really enjoying catching the salmon even though they're super common. Fishing after 9pm was a great idea!

Congrats on your catches! I finally managed to catch not one, but two king salmon surprisingly. And what's ironic is that they came way before the char I finally, finally managed to catch. The char has been the most elusive fish for me, no joke. It just refuses to appear... I could have cried years of joy when I finally caught mine today haha. Everyone says it's quite common while I'm just sitting here contemplating if it really exists.

I got a weekly initiative to catch 10 salmon. I like to fish from the top of the waterfall, so I'd cast, catch, save and continue. Most of the time, another shadow had appeared. If it didn't, I'd just save again. I was able to catch all that I needed, as well as a king salmon (which didn't count for the initiative - meh), in half an hour or so.

Since it's now after the 15th, you should be able to find them in any part of the river. They're available all day so keep searching. You'll get one.
I had no luck with the river yesterday, but I ended up catching a bunch of salmon and king salmon in my river mouth. I usually had another fish shadow come up within a minute of the last fish getting caught.

Congrats on catching them.
On Monday the mayor had catch 10 salmon challenge. She caught 10 salmon and one King salmon in an hour. Got 3 coupons for completing. Checked the following day and they kept spawning. Not sure if they game spawns extra during coupon week challenges.

Back