• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Old New Leaf Town Tune Maker - CLOSED (Please go to New Horizons Island Tune Maker!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know that I'd call myself a musician. I can't read music, and I don't know much about music theory. But I can hear pitches accurately and can recreate them as town tunes pretty well. ^o^;>

If you change your mind, feel free to post a request here, I'll be happy to give it a try. :)

Last edited:
I was wondering if could do a part from Grace VanderWaal's "Moonlight" Whichever part is easiest to try and re-create!

Allure, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it, and specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.

Here is "Grace VanderWaal - Moonlight"

EBAGEG-A
EBAGEG-A

Low E, all other notes high.

That version tries to include the entire four seconds of the song you asked for, to complete the musical phrase. This version follows the individual notes more closely, but only fits a short portion of the song into it:

E-BBB-BA
GEG---A-

Last edited:
No need for tips, I'm happy to do this for free. I'm glad that you like what I did with the song. :)

https://youtu.be/Vz4VpJKFamo?t=23
The general beat from :24-:47, however many times that beat can fully loop, I'm guessing it could repeat maybe once or twice but whatever works.

Also, I came up with a town tune from a video game I thought about sharing, would it make sense to share it in this thread in case anyone would want it or would you prefer me to make my own thread?

Last edited:
You can share a town tune here if you want, but I don't know how much attention it will get, since I imagine most people come to this thread with a request of their own. But maybe some of them are just here to browse to see what's already been made. So, you can post your own town tune if you like, it doesn't bother me. :)

Here is "CtC Patchouli's Theme: Locked Girl ~ the Girl's Secret Room":

B--EC---
D--EC---

Thanks, that came out perfect. :) Here's the tune I'd like to share:

"Resident Evil 4 - Save Theme" (Game is rated M but the video is safe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOe9FG1P5vI

High B, Low D, High G, High E, Rest (not sustain), Low D, High D, Rest, Rest, High C, Rest, Rest, High B, Rest, High G, Rest

You could replace some rests with sustains if you want but I think it sounds pretty good with the rests. Hope someone out there may enjoy it. :) And thanks again for your generosity with the town tunes.

Last edited:
Here is "CELLAR DARLING - Avalanche ":

DDD-E-F-
G-A---zz

Low D and E, high G and A.

Fourteen seconds is too long to fit into a town tune, generally only about 2-5 seconds of a song will fit into a town tune, sometimes more or less if the song is very fast or very slow. If you didn't want the very, very beginning of the song like I did, please let me know which part you would prefer me to do.

Here is "CELLAR DARLING - Avalanche ":

DDD-E-F-
G-A---zz

Low D and E, high G and A.

Fourteen seconds is too long to fit into a town tune, generally only about 2-5 seconds of a song will fit into a town tune, sometimes more or less if the song is very fast or very slow. If you didn't want the very, very beginning of the song like I did, please let me know which part you would prefer me to do.

Oh wow, that was quick! Yeah i figured anywhere within the first 14 seconds was good. im not good at figuring out what part of a song is good for a town tune. Thank you!

Here is "J. Balvin, Willy William - Mi Gente":

D-FAE-E-
D-FAE-E-

High A, all other notes low.

Here is the whistle from "[Teaser] B.A.P _ HONEYMOON (Trailer 1)":

A--GAGE-
--DEDAA-

Second G is high, first G and all other notes are low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back