• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Old New Leaf Town Tune Maker - CLOSED (Please go to New Horizons Island Tune Maker!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I'd like a town tune that's not just a Christmas song, but I'm not sure what to have...
Actually, I've thought of it! Please could you make "Ducks and Currents" from Blue Planet II. :) How many seconds can it be?

Last edited:
Here is "Jingle Bells":

EEE-EEE-
EGCDE---

High G, all other notes low.

Here is "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

A-D----E
A---zzzz

All the high notes or all the low notes will work.

I chose the part at 0:14 because that's where the first melody-like part seemed to begin. Let me know if you'd like me to try a different part. I can also abbreviate the song so that more of it fits into the town tune, but a little less accurately.

Information about how town tunes work (including how many seconds of a preexisting song generally fit into them) are in the first post of this thread. But if you want a really clear idea of the time, just play back a town tune in your game. They last exactly 4 seconds, so, depending on the speed of the original song, it might be a little more or less than that which will fit.

Please could you try a different part? 1:14 - 1:18 :)
By the way, how do you make these town tunes? Do you use some sort of note-detection (that's probably not the right term) software or something?

Last edited:
Please could you try a different part? 1:14 - 1:18 :)
By the way, how do you make these town tunes? Do you use some sort of note-detection (that's probably not the right term) software or something?
I think he does it by "freehand" / on their own but I could easily be wrong

Last edited:
I don't use any software or anything like that, I just hear the song with my ears and my brain, and I can figure out which notes to put into a town tune to make it sound right. It's hard to explain, because I don't have much musical training, so I don't know the terminology. ^o^;>

Here's that part of "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

G-A-C---
B-----G-

All the high notes or all the low notes work.

I don't use any software or anything like that, I just hear the song with my ears and my brain, and I can figure out which notes to put into a town tune to make it sound right. It's hard to explain, because I don't have much musical training, so I don't know the terminology. ^o^;>

Here's that part of "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

G-A-C---
B-----G-

All the high notes or all the low notes work.
That's interesting! :)

Okay, thank you! :)

Edit: Hmmm, now I've tried it out, it isn't sounding how I'd like it to. But don't worry, that's not your fault, I just know not to use that song as a town tune. :)

Last edited:
Feel free to make a request for another song, if you'd like. I think it's fun to make town tunes, so I'm always happy to take more requests. :)

ItsSarahxo, please post a link to the song that you'd like me to do, and specify which seconds of it that you'd prefer, if you have a preference.

Here is "Santa Baby! "Original Song 1953" Eartha Kitt!":

GCAC--GG
FFEGAC--

Second and third G are high, first and last G and all other notes are low.

I don't need one but for fun... Starwars main theme ( the song at the opening crawl and the begining)

Please post a link to the song that you'd like me to turn into a town tune, and specify which seconds the part you'd like plays during, if you have a preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back