Old New Leaf Town Tune Maker - CLOSED (Please go to New Horizons Island Tune Maker!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I'd like a town tune that's not just a Christmas song, but I'm not sure what to have...
Actually, I've thought of it! Please could you make "Ducks and Currents" from Blue Planet II. :) How many seconds can it be?

Last edited:
Here is "Jingle Bells":

EEE-EEE-
EGCDE---

High G, all other notes low.

Here is "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

A-D----E
A---zzzz

All the high notes or all the low notes will work.

I chose the part at 0:14 because that's where the first melody-like part seemed to begin. Let me know if you'd like me to try a different part. I can also abbreviate the song so that more of it fits into the town tune, but a little less accurately.

Information about how town tunes work (including how many seconds of a preexisting song generally fit into them) are in the first post of this thread. But if you want a really clear idea of the time, just play back a town tune in your game. They last exactly 4 seconds, so, depending on the speed of the original song, it might be a little more or less than that which will fit.

Please could you try a different part? 1:14 - 1:18 :)
By the way, how do you make these town tunes? Do you use some sort of note-detection (that's probably not the right term) software or something?

Last edited:
Please could you try a different part? 1:14 - 1:18 :)
By the way, how do you make these town tunes? Do you use some sort of note-detection (that's probably not the right term) software or something?
I think he does it by "freehand" / on their own but I could easily be wrong

Last edited:
I don't use any software or anything like that, I just hear the song with my ears and my brain, and I can figure out which notes to put into a town tune to make it sound right. It's hard to explain, because I don't have much musical training, so I don't know the terminology. ^o^;>

Here's that part of "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

G-A-C---
B-----G-

All the high notes or all the low notes work.

I don't use any software or anything like that, I just hear the song with my ears and my brain, and I can figure out which notes to put into a town tune to make it sound right. It's hard to explain, because I don't have much musical training, so I don't know the terminology. ^o^;>

Here's that part of "Ducks And Currents (Blue Planet 2 Soundtrack)":

G-A-C---
B-----G-

All the high notes or all the low notes work.
That's interesting! :)

Okay, thank you! :)

Edit: Hmmm, now I've tried it out, it isn't sounding how I'd like it to. But don't worry, that's not your fault, I just know not to use that song as a town tune. :)

Last edited:
Feel free to make a request for another song, if you'd like. I think it's fun to make town tunes, so I'm always happy to take more requests. :)

ItsSarahxo, please post a link to the song that you'd like me to do, and specify which seconds of it that you'd prefer, if you have a preference.

Here is "Santa Baby! "Original Song 1953" Eartha Kitt!":

GCAC--GG
FFEGAC--

Second and third G are high, first and last G and all other notes are low.

I don't need one but for fun... Starwars main theme ( the song at the opening crawl and the begining)

Please post a link to the song that you'd like me to turn into a town tune, and specify which seconds the part you'd like plays during, if you have a preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back