• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Old New Leaf Town Tune Maker - CLOSED (Please go to New Horizons Island Tune Maker!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily, I'd ask you to post a link to the song, but since it's already in the game, I can let it slide this time. ;)

Here is "K.K. Imperial":

EzzzDzzz
ABDzBzzz

All the low notes or all the high notes will work. I used rests instead of sustains (sleeping frog instead of line-mouth frog) because the original song is so staccato. Feel free to substitute the sustains if you'd prefer the notes to be held longer.

Ordinarily, I'd ask you to post a link to the song, but since it's already in the game, I can let it slide this time. ;)

Here is "K.K. Imperial":

EzzzDzzz
ABDzBzzz

All the low notes or all the high notes will work. I used rests instead of sustains (sleeping frog instead of line-mouth frog) because the original song is so staccato. Feel free to substitute the sustains if you'd prefer the notes to be held longer.

Sorry, I just assumed you knew the song. x)
I'll try it tonight, thank you so much!
(By the way, I didn't understand a word of the second part. I'm completely music illiterate x) I should put the sleeping frogs where's Zs, right?)

Yes, z = sleeping frog and - = line mouth frog

Sleeping frog inserts beats of silence, line mouth frog makes the note before it play longer.

HBF, the first five seconds of the song that you linked to is just the same note over and over again. If that's really what you wanted, it looks like this:

FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF

If you'd like a different part of the song done, please let me know.

Here is "Jonne - Pime? On Oksan Taitto":

DDDDDAEF
DDDDDAFE

All the low notes.

And I always take requests, and anyone can make as many requests as they want. :)

Last edited:
Hi! Could I please have K.K.'s Mountain Song as a town tune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPvuCIa7N6w

I'm not sure if you needed the link because the song is in the game, but here it is anyway. I was thinking the very beginning might work best, but if you think a different part would be better then by all means do that instead.

Links are always very useful and appreciated. :)

Here is "Mountain Song":

G--GG-G-
A-G-F-B-

Low B, all other notes high. That version tries to match the exact timing of the original song. This one simplifies it to fit the whole musical phrase into the space of a town tune:

G-GGAGFB
BB---zzz

Low B, all other notes high.

Here is "Zelda Ocarina of Time Music Great Fairy Fountain":

G---F---
E---F---

High G, low E. I couldn't fit more of the melody into the town tune accurately because it requires two half-step notes in a row, and the most a town tune can do in a row is one.

Here is "Final Fantasy VII - Honeybee Manor":

GDCGDCGD
Czzzzzzz

High G, all other notes low.

Last edited:
Hello~ May I get a town tune of the opening from RF: Tides of Destiny?

Whatever you can fit from the beginning would be nice, thanks for considering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back