Have you ever dropped your phone like a clumsy fool?

I was leasing my old phone, the iphone 6, it slipped out of my pocket while I was running, I didn't have a protective case, and it got a small crack on the corner, dropped it again, crack on the top right corner, dropped it in the bathroom, those corners connected and my whole screen was done, eventually someone broke my phone and bent it in half!!! ( They only gave me 100 dollars for it :mad: )
When I got my new phone I swore I was gonna take care of it bc I had to pay 200 dollars to fix my old phone just to turn it back in!!!
I have the new iphone 7 +, I have a glass screen protector, and a protective clear case, the first time I dropped my phone the CORNER OF IT CRACKED! And it wasn't a big fall or anything. It's the smallest crack ever but I'm still really upset because I paid a lot of money just to get these protective things and the first time I drop my phone, it cracks.

Yes I drop my phone more than I'd like to admit, mostly at the cause of falling out of my pockets or sliding off the seat on the bus/train. After 2.5 years of having a phone and dropping it it never cracked, however, until one day in August when (as usual) it fell out of my pocket. It was only a single crack but I was horrified. I knew that if my mom saw she would flip, and I also knew it would only get worse from here and I still had a year left on my contract. What to do?

Well, I went to the mall by myself after work one day and asked about getting it repaired. They said it would cost $300, RIP. But then the guy took a closer look and told me the single most relieving piece of news I have ever heard in my life: only the screen protector was cracked, not the phone. I went to a nearby kiosk, had them take off the screen protector and bought a new one for $10. Now my phone looks good as new again.

Moral of the story: Always always always get a screen protector they will actually save your phone's life

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was leasing my old phone, the iphone 6, it slipped out of my pocket while I was running, I didn't have a protective case, and it got a small crack on the corner, dropped it again, crack on the top right corner, dropped it in the bathroom, those corners connected and my whole screen was done, eventually someone broke my phone and bent it in half!!! ( They only gave me 100 dollars for it :mad: )
When I got my new phone I swore I was gonna take care of it bc I had to pay 200 dollars to fix my old phone just to turn it back in!!!
I have the new iphone 7 +, I have a glass screen protector, and a protective clear case, the first time I dropped my phone the CORNER OF IT CRACKED! And it wasn't a big fall or anything. It's the smallest crack ever but I'm still really upset because I paid a lot of money just to get these protective things and the first time I drop my phone, it cracks.

As I learned from my story, it's possible only the screen protector cracked and not the phone. You should get it checked out

who hasn't dropped their phone once or twice? i'm an incredibly clumsy person unfortunately, but somehow my phone hasn't cracked.

As I learned from my story, it's possible only the screen protector cracked and not the phone. You should get it checked out

My screen protector doesn't cover my whole screen, like most protectors, and I can clearly see where it stops. So the crack is on my phone unfortunately, I wish the screen protector cracked :(

one time i dropped my phone (which was pretty small, mind you. iphone 5... i think)
it hit my daybed drawer knob just right that it had a huge crack across the corner of the screen
eventually my dad replaced the screen but the phone stopped making calls for some other reason so i have a new one lol

I've dropped my phone a lot. I've never cracked my screen or dented it at all.

Honestly all the phones I've had have been ruined by liquid, and none of my screens have ever cracked.

My screen protector doesn't cover my whole screen, like most protectors, and I can clearly see where it stops. So the crack is on my phone unfortunately, I wish the screen protector cracked :(

Aww that sucks :( sorry to hear that

All the gosh darn time. But the odd thing is I had never cracked a screen with how many times I dropped my phone. I had 3 phones so far and the only reason they broke because they were either getting super old or in my first phone's case got wet from the rain when I didn't have a umbrella on me.

I've dropped it before but never cracked a screen. But I did drop mine in the toilet once and it died.

This phone seems to spend more time on the floor than it does wherever it should be sat but Nokias are made properly so I don't need to worry. Though it has been shaken so much that even heavy movement can jiggle the battery or sim card ever so slightly off their connectors and turn the phone off or sometimes give no signal as it does not recognise the sim card. Take the back off, put them back, put the date and time back in. Again. Again. (Again, again, again.) Wonder why you're not being texted back? Your phone went off by itself again. Missed call. Missed call. Damn.

I've dropped it before but never cracked a screen. But I did drop mine in the toilet once and it died.

Lol, same. It was with an IPhone 4.

People keep saying rice helps phones dropped in water... Is that True?

Lol, same. It was with an IPhone 4.

People keep saying rice helps phones dropped in water... Is that True?

I've heard people having mixed results with this. Supposedly the rice sucks out the moisture but I definitely remember my flatmate in the first year of university wet his phone up in the first week and had it in a bowl of rice in a drawer in his room for months and it never did anything worthwhile. Anecdotal evidence though.

I dropped my phone at least 5 times since I got it last year on September. There aren't any big scratches, but there are a lot of tiny scratches on it that aren't visible.

yess i do this all the time-- my phone has suffered many concussions as a result, and sometimes reverts back to December 2012 or soemthn

I've dropped it a couple times, or it slipped out of my butter hands, but never cracked to the point that the phone stopped working. And even that, the crack was in my cover and not the screen.

Last edited:
I once dropped my phone down a flight of stairs, it had no case on. Miraculously it didn't even scratch.

I've dropped my phone a few times, usually on carpet, usually when I am holding multiple things and it slips out of my hand. I've also had a toddler drop it a few times and once a toddler threw it at the ground. Never a scratch, never a crack. I guess I'm lucky. But I always keep the little glass protective screen on it, and have an ok case. I try to be careful, I'd hate to have to replace it.

yes, and i get really scared i'm going to crack it. i've never cracked a device before, so it's a big deal to me.

i was once running in a parking lot and my phone flew out of my phone. it skidded across the concrete and left a small crack. thankfully, the crack wasn't on the actual screen, but instead the white part of the face of the iphone.

Back