• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever dropped your phone like a clumsy fool?

All the time!
Especially during class if I shift my binder or forget I have headphones in and stand up/bend down etc.

This is nomally one of the reasons why I have a protective phone case.
Because I drop it most of the time. I'm clumsy with it, though I have never cracked it.
But I am always scared that it will fall out of my pocket when I am walking around.
And I am also scared that if I put it in my bag, that my books and other heavy stuff that I pack for work would break it. Which is why it is normally in my hand.
I am alert of those phone thieves as well, like when you're walking while looking at your phone, these people on motorbikes come and snatch the phone off your hands.
Or they even just drive past and hit the phone onto the ground, hoping it'd break.
Anyways, back to the point, I have a screen protector and a phone case that closes and opens (those ones that cover your screen when they are closed), so that in a scenario where I drop it, I can have the least amount of damage put on it.
I also don't wanna pay too much for just a screen repair, they are normally quite expensive in my area.

View attachment 207874

- - - Post Merge - - -

Using my 3DS to take a picture of my own phone, then use my phone to take a picture of the picture of my phone from 3DS, the result is this.

You could have used the selfie camera in the mirror to get a picture of it. XD But I guess this works too, I hope that repair place can fix it for you!

I drop my phone all day every day, literally every time I stand up I just hear a bang and my phone is face down on the floor. Used to think it was invincible since it never had any damage -- until a few weeks ago when the screen finally cracked all the way across...

I drop my phone on carpet almost everyday, but very rarely on harder surfaces. Probably one of the stupidest phone drops I have done is when I thought I was putting it in my handbag but I slipped it between myself and my handbag and it went straight onto the concrete. I've dropped one of my phones crossing the road before as well. I always have a case and screen protector on my phone so usually my case takes the brunt of the fall. I've never broken a phone because of dropping, and I hope that never happens to me.

Constantly and everywhere because I am The Clumsiest of Fools. ... actually, maybe I should change my title to that.
I have this flimsy-looking silicone cat phone case on it, but somehow that seems to protect it more than my old Otterbox ever did

I have dropped all of my portable devices at least once and no damage comes to them.

The only times I've dropped my phone & ipad were when my case failed on me >_>
iPad had a cheapo smart case (the magnetic closure one). The plastic backing was cheap as heck and chipping at the corners. well i got out of bed to pee and my i tripped. Then my ipad fell entirely out of the stupid case which I wasn't really expecting since the bottom corners hadn't chipped yet, giving it some grip. I was so annoyed >_> eventually got the screen repaired though.

Same with my iphone though. I made a DIY deco-den case. The case is a plastic base and the sides of the case is like a jelly plastic. Slowly it detached from the base of the case and my phone fell through >_> I want to get a new phone case , either making a new one or buying one, but I want to upgrade my phone first before buying an expensive case.

HA! I've dropped my phone constantly for the past two freaking weeks. It is so shattered, my girlfriend wants to pay to get it fixed for me. My fingers are all cut up from my phone, it's crazy. Go me.

I dropped my new phone like the instant it was handed to me. The store assistant looked so disappointed in me.

I drop mines way too often. About a week after having my new one, I dropped it on the hard pavement (from hand height) outside, in the dark, and my brother stepped on it, luckily it didn't smash, but does have some pretty deep scratches now.I always drop in in the house, quite often outside too.

I don't drop my phone...ever. I throw it. While some people release their anger on their pillow I take my phone outside and throw it on or across the road. I've only had one phone and I'm 100% convinced that the Phone Gods have blessed me with the inability to crack a phone. I don't have a case on my phone and I haven't had one on there for a whole year. I've had this phone for nearly three years now and I've yet to crack it. Sometimes when I'm playing Pok?mon Go and I run into something rare on my walks I'll get mad when it runs away or when I run out of Pok?balls and throw my phone full force against the concrete curb on the side of the road. I'm still waiting for the day I drop it on the carpet or in the grass and it completely shatters.

Lol, same. It was with an IPhone 4.

People keep saying rice helps phones dropped in water... Is that True?

We put it in rice afterwards and it didn't revive it. However: I've gotten my replacement iphone wet, but not soaked like the first one and rice with silica packets did the trick! I think the one in the toilet was just beyond saving, plus we did some other things we weren't supposed to do to it like using a hairdryer.

In the house - constantly. I did so yesterday. It also slides off the sofa and my bed a lot and one of my cats, Keiko, deliberately pushes it off of surfaces. No damage has been done to the screen.

I'm usually more cautious outside though.

Last edited:
I drop my phone all the time, really. My last phone I dropped and it instantly shattered my whole phone and stopped working completely. My current phone fell out of it's case and now the bottom of my screen is cracked, luckily it still works fine though!

I've dropped my phone on many occasions but never seem to damage it. I suppose you could call it lucky, I'm just awaiting for the moment when my phone will eventually crack big time. So many times, people have complained to me about their broken phone due to damage to it but never have I been the one to complain. I wonder how those who damage theirs so badly that the screen is half or near enough off.

ALWAYS! But I have my headphones plugged in all the time so it usually saves my phone > <

Back