• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia From Sojourn to Freedom: A Quick DBD Mafia

Nevermind I just read the objective from what I understand is we have to escape and scum should left behind in other words we shudn't let the scum get in the car

5 players (this will be very quick). The set up is secret for now. You will know it once I have five players. It is an open set up of 4 Ables and 1 Gracie

I really dunno cuz I'm the 6th player its either 1 vs 5 or 2 vs 4

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cuz i just recently read my pm and it say I have to convince everyone to vote for me I'm like what

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Bianca I'm GMT 8+ so I'm fine around 10AM or 10 PM

Whelp seems like a tough game. I'm already confused :/ but let's see how this goes

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok so basically instead of lynching a scummy person, ww lynch the least scummy? But how? What happens when there are only 2 players left? :thinking:

Whelp seems like a tough game. I'm already confused :/ but let's see how this goes

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok so basically instead of lynching a scummy person, ww lynch the least scummy? But how? What happens when there are only 2 players left? :thinking:

In classic mafia games we have to eliminated the hostile roles but this game we have to vote a townie to get in the car, If we let the scum get in the car we lose in game you get it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I kinda admit I was confused at first because of my role pm I thought I'm a third party like jester role in town of salem

The way that I'm taking this is that it's 5v1, and the escaped players also get a vote. Idk why waffles would be confused at their role PM

@waffles, there is only 1 mafia in this game. and there is no night cycle. we go by rounds. Yes, sorry for the confusion, it is actually 5 vs 1. there is only 1 mafia. Yes, if scum gets in car, town loses.

@kirby, yes town auto-lose when mafia is voted to get in the car during any of the rounds

@Seroja, yes we vote for the least scummy each round. Eventhough you get voted out, you still will vote and participate each round. So you didn't really die. The last round will still be voted by the six members.

@Dolby, yes exactly, that is the mechanics of the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ROUND 1

The first car has arrived. You have 24 hours to vote who you think, as a collective, as town. This is a plurality escape. The player with the most votes at end of day will escape. In case of tie, the player who reached the votes first should escape.

Once you get voted to get in the car, your role will be revealed. But you will still participate in later rounds and vote.

th.jpg

Sorry for the state of the car, we don't want the car to stand out too much during escape

End of Day is 10 am EST

Last edited:
The way that I'm taking this is that it's 5v1, and the escaped players also get a vote. Idk why waffles would be confused at their role PM

Because it sounds like a Third Party like Jester in ToS where you have to convince people to lynch you for your win con.

@waffles, there is only 1 mafia in this game. and there is no night cycle. we go by rounds. Yes, sorry for the confusion, it is actually 5 vs 1. there is only 1 mafia. Yes, if scum gets in car, town loses.

This absolutely makes sense

wow I expected much more discussion by this point :p

so should I just random generate a vote or what? it seems like voting off a lurker would be a bad idea though as they could be maf coasting. Though in a 6 player game methinks coasting would be spotted almost instantly

so should I just random generate a vote or what? it seems like voting off a lurker would be a bad idea though as they could be maf coasting. Though in a 6 player game methinks coasting would be spotted almost instantly

At this point, pretty much everyone's coastingn

- - - Post Merge - - -

At this point, pretty much everyone's coastingn

Should I make end of day 10 am Eastern Standar time or 10 pm Eastern Standard Time? (My time is EST or GMT-4)

it's not rly coasting this is straight up just not playing. anyway right now I'm most confident that waffles is town because of what she said about the pm as I can relate. so if anything my vote will go to her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

do we vote in this thread?

##vote: waffles

Evan gets town points for pointing out set up unbalance, simply because he seems to be the person who cares more when it's unbalanced against him
Waffles gets town points for her 2v4 comment
Ser seems town for waffles comment

Kirby or oath for scum

Seroja, I agree. Was a bit confused with my rolepm at first as well but didn't want to say anything in thread :p

speaking of confusion, do we vote in this thread? If so ##Vote: ITookYourWaffles

Less confident in Ser being town on this than Evan and waffles

Alrighty thanks Bianca! I'm understanding the setup a bit more and this will be quite interesting. Townreading evan right now but not 100% confident he wasn't just trying to get points by affirming me. I'm willing to go with it tho.

Dolby is acting pretty town!dolby right now. We'll see.

Evan gets town points for pointing out set up unbalance, simply because he seems to be the person who cares more when it's unbalanced against him
Waffles gets town points for her 2v4 comment
Ser seems town for waffles comment

Kirby or oath for scum

You literally always think I'm scum.

You literally always think I'm scum.
PoE is being used here. All the people here were giving me townie vibes, which leaves you are Lirby

How about you leave some thoughts here? On who's town and who's maf

PoE is being used here. All the people here were giving me townie vibes, which leaves you are Lirby

How about you leave some thoughts here? On who's town and who's maf

How the hell should I know?

"who's town and who's maf" right now is picking random names out of a hat.

Back