Words you can't -reeeally- spell

Lackadaisy

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Are there any common words you find yourself continuously struggling with?

My top example would be: necessary
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think it has to do with almost exclusively using devices to write in English (while my German High School required mainly hand-written assignments!)

Spellcheck and especially autocorrect make it so easy to only half pay attention to what you're typing - with certain words, I basically just hit an approximation of the right buttons and wait for it to guess my intent!

i see your necessary and raise you unnecessary

embarrassing/embarrassment are other ones where i keep forgetting where the doubles go

occasion or occasionally

Sometimes I spell it with both double 'c' and 's' or a single 'c' then double 's' lol I have to google it every time to make sure.

Absolutely agree that it often comes down to where double letters go.

The weirdest thing is that sometimes I feel that typing, even without autocorrect, is easier than handwriting. Like I have a muscle memory of the correct letter sequence of a word on a keyboard that I just can't access otherwise >.<"

- - - Post Merge - - -

occasion or occasionally

That is definitely another one that I can't spell without some uncertainty every - single - time!

Words that have to follow the "i before e except after c" rule., such as receive. I cannot subconsciously spell receive right to save my life.

aesthetic, I always have to use spell check and stuff on that, haha.

(I made it right now for purpose but I legit mess it up every time I type)

Since.
I always flop on spelling it on online games....

I know how psudo is spelled but not since. acuallly I just spelled since 3 times without auto correct

Last edited:
Yes! Necessary and Disappear are two of my worst words. I will spell them in a way where spell check is like "uhm, this other totally different word?" I also fail with Restaurant 8/10 times.

also receive and such words for some dang reason I always mix up ie/ei words in english when to type em out.

also receive and such words for some dang reason I always mix up ie/ei words in english when to type em out.

I before E except after C, unless your weird feisty neighbor pulls a heinous heist on a freight of ancient sleigh reindeer who neigh for leisure. And about 20 other freaking words that don't follow it. DAMN YOU ENGLISH!

I before E except after C, unless your weird feisty neighbor pulls a heinous heist on a freight of ancient sleigh reindeer who neigh for leisure. And about 20 other freaking words that don't follow it. DAMN YOU ENGLISH!

Ikr, I love how English is like the hardest for me to type out xD I have x10 easier times with German and Portuguese because they have pretty set rules for pronouncing and it kinda follows typing 'em out so.

definitely is a word that i usually mess up on, and i can't spell correctly for the life of me

definitely is a word that i usually mess up on, and i can't spell correctly for the life of me

i actually learned that one after a while but yeah so many weird letter combos I'm like ?? how can people even remember without spell checking...

i actually learned that one after a while but yeah so many weird letter combos I'm like ?? how can people even remember without spell checking...

i usually replace one of the i's with an e or something, but lately i've been getting better at spelling it

Back