{Time Traveling//time traveling broke my friends town }

Animalcrossingfiend

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hey, so i know that there are loads of opinions on time traveling but personally im pretty scared of time traveling because of what happened to one of my friends.
So i've been playing animal crossing for about 3 or so years and when i first started playing one of my friends told me like the 'Basics' of animal crossing and well she told me about TiMe TrAvElInG OoO SpOOpy.
but one day we were talking and she told me about how much she wanted a hybrid rose of some sort so she decided to time travel every day until she got the rose. Well whilst i was talking to her and she just said 'oh my game crashed' so i was just like 'well refresh the game' and so she did and she was opening her town until it crashed again. so she decided to change the date back (which now that i think about probably made it worse lmao). But as soon as she clicked on the change date/ time button it crashed and wouldn't let her go back on.So eventually she just ended up on google trying to find out what happend but no one seemed to have the same problem (she didn't think it was because of the time traveling ).
But she ended up deleting her town as it wasn't letting her go on and because of that im terrified to time travel much but i still do it now and then, i also feel really bad time traveling for some reason so i try to stay away from it lmao. What are your opinions on time traveling?:lemon:

it's possible that the game was messy to begin with and time travelling being a part of it was just a coincidence or it was setting up the game for failure, not really being the exact cause which is why you didn't have any answers
or it's an incredibly rare bug that very few have experienced
you shouldn't be afraid of time travelling because of that, i've done experiments on TTing and everything that i've done is fixable (the worst thing that came across of time travelling was travelling 50 years ahead and getting a worst town rating)
most people are afraid of TTing because of losing villagers. i'm cautious when i time travel, but sometimes i take risks when i'm lazy. there aren't much penalties if you have a beautiful town ordinance.

I rarely time travel but am not dead set against it. I play the game naturally except when I need to speed up a villager moving out or when I want to take out PWPs. Other than that, I play 100% naturally, even if I miss an important event I will not go back for it as it ruins the fun for me.

In Astoria I TT when I need to get things done that would otherwise take forever. I can wait for PWPs and stuff, but if I wanna finish off a house or something I will TT until it is done. For me I like to think I am very careful: I TT only 2 days at a time and always check on all my villagers until I get the move out ping, if I don't get the ping I move up/back another 2 days. I try to stay within the same week and I always go back to the proper day/time at the end. Nothing has happened yet~! My game and villagers are still there. ^^

I used to time travel loads until my game corrupted last year, I am now really scared to so stick to time travelling same day to maybe 9pm if I need a bug or fish ect as I go to bed at 9pm.

I usually just time travel if I get desperate. Honestly I was kind of hoping my game wouldn't boot up one day though, because then I won't get a huge wave of guilt when I re-create my town, because I won't have control over it.

Seriously strange though, never seen anything go wrong with time travelling and I don't see how it would work.

I've never heard of this happening tbh. Kinda scary but I only time travel on my second copy of the game so I can cycle. If I time travel in my main town it's only by a couple of days to move a villager out

Back