• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Read any good books lately?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
I'm curious as to how many active readers are on this forum and if they've read any good books this year.

Personally, I've read countless books this year and all have been fanbloodytastic.

The Spider & The Fly; Born or Bred?: Martin Bryant; ASoUE; The 5th Wave; Death Note manga; Stephen King's "Rage"; Stephen King's "The Running Man"; 13 Reasons Why.
Those are all I can think of at the moment but I know there's still plenty I left out.

As I asked earlier -- have you read any good books this year?

Yeah a lot! :D I love reading.

Currently reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac and it's amazing, to be honest I think everyone should read that at least once in their life.

Otherwise I'd pretty much recommend anything by Jos? Saramago, he's also real good.

I've read so much in the last 4 weeks it's been intense. My favorites from class are The Decameron, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and The Canterbury Tales.

Others that I've read just for fun are Diary of an Oxygen Thief, 1984, Mrs. Dalloway, and The Elegance of the Hedgehog. I love them all so much oh gosh

Hehe well I don't think I've read many more than 5 books in my life (I'm only 17 though), but we have to read one in swedish class atm, and I'm reading my moms favorite book, "Watermelon" by Marian Keyes.
It's really good, you might have read it already, but if not, you should. :D

Hehe well I don't think I've read many more than 5 books in my life (I'm only 17 though), but we have to read one in swedish class atm, and I'm reading my moms favorite book, "Watermelon" by Marian Keyes.
It's really good, you might have read it already, but if not, you should. :D

Think I read that in middle school. It was alright I guess though not a fan of chick-lit and those romance books.

^wuuut you got to read the decameron, dang cool teachers you have :eek:

we did! it's a fantastic novel, but unfortunately it was part of a survey course so we only spent 2 class periods discussing it before moving on to another text.

I've read approx 35-40 books so far this year. Some of my favourites have been: Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas, The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson, and the The Dusk Parlour by S.A. Stovall.

I'm currently halfway through Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. It's my first time reading any of her work and I'm so glad she was such a prolific writer because I'm really enjoying her style.

I've read approx 35-40 books so far this year. Some of my favourites have been: Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas, The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson, and the The Dusk Parlour by S.A. Stovall.

I'm currently halfway through Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. It's my first time reading any of her work and I'm so glad she was such a prolific writer because I'm really enjoying her style.

Whoaa, I don't know if I read that many but dang good job :eek: I should totally read more when I get stuff a bit calmer here, been busy dealing with RL stuff practically every day now when not doing fair, so yeah.

And, ohh I remember watching the 1970s film adaption of that one. Liked it very much considering it's crime stuff since I'm not into that at all really (not counting Stieg Larsson's Millenium books that it).

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's great that we all have different tastes. :)

Yeah, sure thing. No offence or anything ^^

I don't read that much but when I do I like to torture myself by reading Murakami's novels. I'm stuck in the middle of The Wind Up Bird Chronicle :( but I recently finished 1Q84 and I think I actually enjoyed it. Took me a year though because that thing is 1100 pages.

I didn't really read them like 100%, but I was going through and reading certain parts from the chemical garden trilogy! Not sure why, but I started thinking about the series again for about a month, and finally just decided to grab the series and started reading them (kind of). I started feeling all over again, despite not fully reading them... rip I'm a mess.

ive started reading a book called beautiful creatures
i thought it was interesting
i haven't read the book 13 reasons why but i've heard from a classmate last year that it was a good book, so i want to read it; not only will it be less awkward than the show because its a book but because i like the topic ^o^;

i haven't read the book 13 reasons why but i've heard from a classmate last year that it was a good book, so i want to read it; not only will it be less awkward than the show because its a book but because i like the topic ^o^;

The TV show is more engaging and suspenseful and has much more content, but the book is really good.
The main reason I picked up the book is so I could try to relate to someone else who has suicidal thoughts in fictional works, and although I couldn't find myself relating to Hannah Baker, I still really enjoyed the journey.
My biggest problem with the TV show/book is that it romanticises suicide. tsk tsk tsk.

I don't read that much but when I do I like to torture myself by reading Murakami's novels. I'm stuck in the middle of The Wind Up Bird Chronicle :( but I recently finished 1Q84 and I think I actually enjoyed it. Took me a year though because that thing is 1100 pages.

I really liked 1Q84 when I first read it because it was really epic but I think some parts were pretty.. uh sentimental and stuff after a while. Not his best work but yeah worth reading for sure.

I'll be boring and say Norwegian Wood is my fave work of his due to the late 60s setting mostly and I love that era (and the movie is as tear-jerking as well)

The TV show is more engaging and suspenseful and has much more content, but the book is really good.
The main reason I picked up the book is so I could try to relate to someone else who has suicidal thoughts in fictional works, and although I couldn't find myself relating to Hannah Baker, I still really enjoyed the journey.
My biggest problem with the TV show/book is that it romanticises suicide. tsk tsk tsk.

yeah, i'd rather read the book than watch the show. i'm not very prone to blood and stuff

God, I haven't read any books since I was in college. I really need to do that more.

For someone who hasn't read anything for fun in ages, what would you all recommend?

- - - Post Merge - - -

God, I haven't read any books since I was in college. I really need to do that more.

For someone who hasn't read anything for fun in ages, what would you all recommend?

No but I want to re-read The Passage, The City of Mirrors, and The Twelve.

It's all one series. lol GOOD BOOKS!

Back