• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Bell Tree Fair 2017: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I guess the theme was a bit hard for me at first since I haven't been into retro gaming and especially not 80s for a while (was this real edgy synthpop gurl when I was like, 15-16 and stuff so yeah lol) but once I found my groove I guess I could do it :D And yes I realize not everything was centred around that either.

Ah well, it's been real fun and I'm glad I took it more casual and had fun than last year imo.

How is joking around insulting? We aren't owed any collectibles anyways. We aren't even owed any of these events but they hold them for us anyways.

It's ok to joke around sometimes, but when it gets to the point where the staff are putting jokes instead of answers to serious and genuine questions(like "Why is the word for the October 31st holiday replaced by Christmas?"), that's when it gets to be insulting. :(

It's ok to joke around sometimes, but when it gets to the point where the staff are putting jokes instead of answers to serious and genuine questions(like "Why is the word for the October 31st holiday replaced by Christmas?"), that's when it gets to be insulting. :(

I'm not insulted, I'm just curious why they did it.

I've seen that it's been answered a few times by regular users though: It was a fun little joke by Justin last night. If they're joking around with answers, then it's a joke.
Aside from that, it's entirely harmless. Try to kick back and relax a bit lol.

At some point, you overdo the jokes to the point where it gets insulting. You seem to be joking nearly all the times, and it confuses me. :(

I don't feel as though I personally do this at all, but I honestly think feeling insulted by the fact that we didn't release the exact collectibles you wanted is a bit selfish and entitled. You also were the first to post in the official fair announcement thread (a post which has since been removed) to express your distaste for the new collectibles that Thunder and Laudine put hours of their time into creating for no other reason than to make the members happy, which is far more insulting than someone joking about a balloon.

I rarely step in to voice my opinion about things like this for the sake of neutrality, but can we just be happy about another super fun TBT Fair and look forward to everything to come rather than focusing on everything you didn't like?

It's too bad to see negativity about the theme, but it seemed to be well-received by nearly the entire community so I'm definitely satisfied and happy most of you enjoyed yourselves. :blush:

my biggest complaint is I never had the time to properly make any contest entries (and not only because it'd of been at least 10 more easy tickets for me)

I've seen that it's been answered a few times by regular users though: It was a fun little joke by Justin last night. If they're joking around with answers, then it's a joke.
Aside from that, it's entirely harmless. Try to kick back and relax a bit lol.

It's NOT harmless. This changes the name of collectibles and threads, among other things. It's confusing.

Also, I'm talking about STAFF, not regular users.

(What's the point in trying to stand up when you're just going to get stamped on...)

I don't feel as though I personally do this at all, but I honestly think feeling insulted by the fact that we didn't release the exact collectibles you wanted is a bit selfish and entitled. You also were the first to post in the official fair announcement thread (a post which has since been removed) to express your distaste for the new collectibles that Thunder and Laudine put hours of their time into creating for no other reason than to make the members happy, which is far more insulting than someone joking about a balloon.

I rarely step in to voice my opinion about things like this for the sake of neutrality, but can we just be happy about another super fun TBT Fair and look forward to everything to come rather than focusing on everything you didn't like?

I was looking forward to Holloween, but it's censored, so...

I'll just go away. No point in trying to voice my own opinions and concerns when I'm just going to be banned and ignored...

It's NOT harmless. This changes the name of collectibles and threads, among other things. It's confusing.

(What's the point in trying to stand up when you're just going to get stamped on...)

This is a website with very talented and hard-working staff that spend an enormous amount of time out of their lives to make us happy. I don't think it's fair to be complaining about a little joke and making such a fuss when clearly no harm was meant. We're very lucky to get nice events like this and beautiful collectibles to go along with them.

well I hadn't expected to see forum drama in the fair closing thread even before all the winner restocks were open to the public at the end, but....

Last edited:

It is harmless. The names of threads and collectibles being temporarily changed for fun hurts no one. I don't know about you but I still have all my limbs last I checked.

Judging by the circumstances it's either just a little joke based on 1: In the discord we were talking about Christmas and some of us were scroogey or 2: People always rushing questions about the next TBT event after one has just ended.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was looking forward to Holloween, but it's censored, so...

I'll just go away. No point in trying to voice my own opinions and concerns when I'm just going to be banned and ignored...

We aren't ignoring you and you probably aren't being banned. You're just being kind of unreasonable.

And yeah I really grew to like the collectible because they had a cool background (just like the glow wands from last year) so yeah I def. had loads of fun looking at these, and thanks to a very nice user I was able to get all 3 regular ones in the end(was up to like 49 tickets so yeah I was like welp lel). And yeah they were really cute too, so good job you guys on those!

Also it's kind of fun I mainly came back here to try get ahold of a dear friend and ended up staying and having such fun, so yeah thanks all the staff for making it awesome! :blush:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back