• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New iPhone X is $1000.. discuss?

how did I not see this thread before

ehh I'm fine with my iPad right now I don't have a phone and really wouldn't pay that much for one

Huge waste of money. You could pretty much get a Switch, PS4, and Xbox One for the price.

Well....I won't spend that much on a phone that doesn't really peak my interest. I would rather buy other stuff with $1,000.

Yeah no. It's not worth it with the glass back and front, no head phone jack and I hear no home button. It's ridiculous to drop 1k on a phone anyways.

Im disappointed with the Face ID technology. I'm okay with using a fingerprint reader, but using facial recognition to unlock your phone crosses the line for me. I know it's old tech, but at least on Androids you can still use the fingerprint reader.

Yeah I like my fingerprint reader, it's funny when someone borrows my phone and accidentally turns off the screen as people are used to and I have to unlock it every 2 seconds for them. XD

The iPhone 7 plus was almost this expensive too when it first came out, I'm not suprised at all. I'm definitely thinking about buying it, but not as soon as it's released.

i think the bad thing is that all the features are still "experimental" to apple so it's going to have a lot of hiccups that are going to need some fine-tuning.. which makes it really not worth 1000 :/ i think after a few models and figuring out what people like and don't like THEN they can start making this series more expensive. i think ideally a new series should start their pricing at like 500 or so and then work it's way up slowly. OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, that's just how i see it in my mind - i have no idea how production or anything works heh : P

Heard it wasn't that worth if you don't have an iPhone7, but I'm stuck with an iPhone4 right now so I guess in my situation it's worth dropping $1000, since I might hold onto it for a while?

The one thing I don't like about it is how I won't be able to play on my phone while charging :c

If I had a very old phone, then I'd get it. Buttttt I don't need that. Also I do Android.

I don't think it's worth it at all lol, I'll stick with my 6s thanks

Back