• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New iPhone X is $1000.. discuss?

The price isn't worth it :(
There's only 1 size, similar to the plus sized phones in older generations.
The sensors/cameras in the front look awkward since it cuts off some of the screen when playing videos/games/etc.
The face ID is a nice feature, but literally the only thing going for it. Makes it uncomfortable to have to use my face and lift the phone up. Sometimes I prefer to unlock my phone in my purse without having to take it out all the way using the finger print feature.
The photo editing effects are not even worth including as part of the price LOL. You can literally buy apps to do the AR thing, or free editing apps to changing the lighting and depth of photos, really easily. Animoji's is really a selling point? That's just a small aspect. And if only iPhone X users can use these features, I doubt it'll be utilized much. Isn't that what snapchat is for? Smh.
The all glass design sounds risky too seeing how the cameras make the phone super expensive. The iPhone 8 is annoying because it's just the better version of what the iPhone 7 should have been. >_> I really need to upgrade but I think I'm going to wait it out.

Getting the iphone 8 simply because it looks better and I've been an Apple user for a decade I think.
Idc what other people spend their money on and don't get upset or have any strong emotion towards the consumerist lifestyles of others so w/e

Aren't iphones always $1000 new? They've always been an overpriced ripoff.

lol i love how all the responses on apple product threads are always suuuper bitter. let me answer the question of "why would you buy a $1000 phone?" prob because you like it and can afford it.... :)

personally i prob won't get a new phone until apple releases something in 2018 (currently have an iphone 7), but if i had been planning on getting something this year, i'd prob just get an iphone 8. it's a shame they got rid of the rose gold color though, so i hope that's back next year, but the gold one is pretty too.

I'm hooked on Android, and I have used samsung from Galaxy3 to 7.
Although Android phone will become slow after using for long time. But anyway, still like Android.
IOS lacks personalization and customization, it suits for seniors more. LOL.

Oh god I wasn't even aware there was another one, but I shouldn't be surprised...

Still using my old OnePlus 1. But the OnePlus 5 is 480~530 usd I think.
I like my sandstone black backing even though they've gotten rid of it to look more like a premium item... so I don't plan on upgrading either.

Why pay for apple's ads and brand power though?

uhh, ill stick to my s7, that I did not pay 1000 dollars for. just recently got the newest MacBook Pro, and I love it so far and coming from a windows person, I can say for this its not just brand that your paying for at least for laptops. thats just about the only thing apple related Im willing to get. plus, I like android phones. plus, I would NOT pay for a 1000 dollar gimmick phone, because that also comes with relentless anxiety due to 24 hr surveillance, of making sure no one tries to steal it. unless your in a situation where money is never an issue. then by all means, grab that status phone. let the world know how rich you are.

I have an Android and it already does most of the stuff it's offering? When I got my first Moto G phone a few years ago it had VR shorts and stuff on it before I saw VR on any other devices, and now the Moto X I have is really rad and I love it. My phone was $400 which was a lot for me to spend on a phone, as I had only had cheap phones before, or ones at least that came cheap with the contract. I think most luxury phones are way over priced, but that's the economy, and why they're called "LUXURY" phones. I would never in my life spend $1000 on a phone. My gaming laptop wasn't even that expensive.

The jack didn't come back. :'(

The most I have spent on a phone is $149 for this beautiful Konka R8A.
konka-r8a-smartphone-grey-0-exeltek_1.jpg

It's way too much for me.

If I had the money, i still wouldn't buy it, it's not worth the price for what it is, in my opinion. If I had that amount of money to spend on a phone, I'd still be more likely to go fr the IPhone 7 or something (I don't currently have an IPhone, but I prefer them), I really grudge paying a lot for a phone, the only thing I really care about is having an OK camera.

No way in a million years am I spending 1k on a phone. That **** had better do my taxes and cook me dinner for that amount of money.

"android is better!111!" " android is cheaper !!111!" the prices are literally almost identical lol anyway

Yea but the difference is that Apple is always extremely late on adding "new" features. iPhones have VR support now? That's cool, my Galaxy S5 from 2014 does too and I know that VR was on phones before that as well. And if you want a Galaxy S5 now, it's only $100 or $200 maybe. So you're really just paying 5 to 10 times as much compared to a 3 year old phone (that'll be 4 years old by the time the X comes out) when they both have almost the same features.
And really the only other phones that come close to Apple's prices are Galaxy and Pixel phones, and both are hovering around ~$850, so it's still $150 cheaper, plus they're actually nice phones :lemon: And if you want phones that have almost all of the same features but at a better price, Moto phones are excellent and very rarely do they go above $300 even.

And before this turns into a big Android v iPhone argument, just remember that both of them are better than Windows phones. I've never used a more useless pile of plastic in my life.

Personally, I think the iPhone X is UGLY. I hate how the camera is now up and down instead of left to right, and that black bar on the top of the middle of the screen bothers me. And the back? Terrible. I have an iPhone SE (it works great, I'm pretty sure it can handle IOS 11 soon), I used to own an Android. I'll always be an Android girl at heart.

But $1k for that?? Only (excuse my language) Apple fanboys who need to have the latest iPhone to show it off to everyone will buy that lmao. Honestly I laugh at anyone who bought it unless they only got it for review purposes. And one more thing, it's basically an emoji machine...

but if I could get that feature on my SE.. I won't complain... lol

Not enough people are speaking out against that ugly tab on the top of the screen. Who thought that was a good idea. It kills the "subversiveness" of having that "infinity" display or whatever Apple is calling it. I switch between android and apple because I don't really have a preference, but I keep my phone for years before switching. So I'll definitely be skipping this generation of phones, and probably the next few generations. I take good care of my devices.

this phone better clear my skin, do my chores, cure my depression, and lift the ancient curse on my family

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the last model was the iPhone 7 and this one is the iPhone X? Why not 8? Why out of everything did they decide on the roman numeral for the number 10? What the hell happened to the iPhone 8 and 9? Heck, why not make the next model the iPhone V and have the reasoning be that they've already done the iPhone 5 and iPhone XI looks weird, so why not use the roman numeral for 5 instead and hope it gets overlooked by fans.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the last model was the iPhone 7 and this one is the iPhone X? Why not 8? Why out of everything did they decide on the roman numeral for the number 10? What the hell happened to the iPhone 8 and 9? Heck, why not make the next model the iPhone V and have the reasoning be that they've already done the iPhone 5 and iPhone XI looks weird, so why not use the roman numeral for 5 instead and hope it gets overlooked by fans.

Because its COOL and innovative. And we all laugh at this thought, but that's really why they do it.

Also see Windows "10", Xbox "One"...

you have to sell your youngest daughter in order to get the brand new iphone 8 and sell your soul to get iphone 9

The iPhone 8 and the 8 plus came out along with the iPhone X. I think they skipped 9 because this year is the 10th anniversary of the
iPhone being released

Back