• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Map Check

Arckaniel

🍎 island
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6450-1789-6402
Flick Halloweaster Egg
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Swamp Potion
Bloodshot Potion
Purple Bat Potion
So I just settled on a new town, what do you guys think?

4803812_YAPBDmWy1rTi7AL.jpg

I'm not really sure if it's a good map but imo it's very workable because of the big spaces on the left and middle, to the right is where I'm planning to put all villager houses (maybe it depends)...

Rosie and Lobo are on bad places tho (the lone house near the pond and the house blocking the beach entrance, respectively), just glad Beau is in a good spot tbh ahhhh I'm just so happy to get him as one of my first villagers ; A; will NEVER let him go...

Town fruit is orange, not my fave but at least it's not cherries this time around (my first two towns has cherry as native fruit, I'm sick of cherries), has square grass, hoping for circle but meh don't really care much about that ahahahaha...

Last edited:
IMO the ponds in front of the Train Station get in the way and are very annoying.....

Honestly I think the layout is fine. My standards are personally a lot lower as to what constitutes "good" or "bad" layouts, but the bottom half of your map is completely open to development which is good. Functionally, you have Re-Tail right next to the train station. Overall I don't think it's that bad of a map, the housing spots can always be changed.

In my opinion, I hate having a map where there's a big empty section at the bottom and you have to cross over the river to get there. I like for the river to go from corner to corner diagonally so that I have about half and half and it's not divided in the middle. I also hate ponds in general. Especially ponds that are in front of entry points. It get's really annoying and always screws up my paths. I do like that the town plaza is off to the side so that you have places to develop and the town hall doesn't take up that space. I also love that area by the campground because it's totally empty and leaves so much to create. I don't like empty spaces when a town first starts, but I love when they get developed!! Your map isn't my type but I'd like to see how you work with it. Also, I hate oranges lol. My favorite is pears.

IMO the ponds in front of the Train Station get in the way and are very annoying.....

I honestly hate it as well but I said to myself I'll try and make it work out ahahahaha xD
I don't think I'll use big paths anyways, mostly dirth paths and stepping stones so I kinda just go with it...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly I think the layout is fine. My standards are personally a lot lower as to what constitutes "good" or "bad" layouts, but the bottom half of your map is completely open to development which is good. Functionally, you have Re-Tail right next to the train station. Overall I don't think it's that bad of a map, the housing spots can always be changed.

I agree I think it's a fine layout as well, though not as good as other maps... but weirdly I got inspiration from it so I went with it xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

In my opinion, I hate having a map where there's a big empty section at the bottom and you have to cross over the river to get there. I like for the river to go from corner to corner diagonally so that I have about half and half and it's not divided in the middle. I also hate ponds in general. Especially ponds that are in front of entry points. It get's really annoying and always screws up my paths. I do like that the town plaza is off to the side so that you have places to develop and the town hall doesn't take up that space. I also love that area by the campground because it's totally empty and leaves so much to create. I don't like empty spaces when a town first starts, but I love when they get developed!! Your map isn't my type but I'd like to see how you work with it. Also, I hate oranges lol. My favorite is pears.

I have that kind of map before, the one with the river going diagonally, but kinda lost inspiration, and it's really not that good considering I just picked from the first four maps I had before so endep up resetting it unfortunately ; A;

Yah ponds aren't that good imo, it takes spaces for possible PWPs and stuffs but I personally like that one pond in the middle of the bottom part of my map, it looks adorable, planning on putting a bench in front and a lamp post on the side of it xD Yeah I already know where certain PWPs go in this map, I had a lot of inspiration with it so hopefully I would be able to execute it right...

Yeah oranges I don't like them as much, was hoping for peach/apple but I'll take what I get ahahahaha

Back