• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So after FINALLY finding a layout I like, my villagers... I NEED DIVERSITY!

Allure

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
So I am open to having all villagers. I truly am. But I need diversity! I get to town and Frank and Sterling greet me. (Two Eagles. There is also Yuka.) I open up the list, and Melba is on there! (That's two Koalas) And then there is Annicotti the Mouse. I have two Eagles and Koalas! Resetting again, I need diversity.

Last edited:
Don't reset! Why not just wait it out and have them move? Isn't it hard finding a good map? My new town started with three cats (one of which is in another town of mine), but I think I'm just going to wait it out, and have them move. I'm not interacting with that villager just so she can ping to move.

Don't reset again just because of the villagers! Villagers will move out. If you like the layout, stick with it!

I started out with 3 wolves in my town. Now I have 3 wolves and two mice. That's half of villagers of the same two species.

Last edited:
Villagers move out! Plus, resetting can become a habit and it's very annoying to keep fulfilling the development permit over and over. Constant resetting pulls the fun out and is constantly frustrating me, imo. I used find one thing I don't like about my town and then it became an obsession until I would finally reset. Not a good thing. I would just go with the flow! Visit the villager trading board on here too. You can also time travel to move out villagers. :)

Map is forever!

Villagers can come and go.

Map is forever!

Pick a good map and you can move villagers in and out.

Experience: Reset over 100 times, mayor of multiple towns, mayor of towns with maps that I am still very happy with years later :)

Back