I'm a girl, but should I have a boy Mayor?

Allure

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
So wiht my new town, I've been trying to deide wether or not to have a boy Mayor. I plan on doing it one charecter at time, until their house is complete. So should I go with a boy mayor. I've never actualy done a boy charecter period...

Personally, I find the boy haircuts kind of ugly, but I have often been a boy in games although I'm not. It's your call but it's pretty interesting trying stuff like that, so I say yeah, go for it.

If you want to, go for it. The game doesn't change just because you are playing the opposite gender.

It's all up to you! Like one of the above posters said, the boy hairstyles aren't really that good, though.

About half my mayors (and human characters) are female although I'm not. Variety is a big part of ACNL for me. I enjoy Shampoodle more with the lady characters.

That's interesting, I actually like more of the male haircuts!

Anyway, I think playing as the opposite gender is a great idea - especially because you can always have female characters later and only use the mayor for placing PWP (if you find yourself not liking playing him as much)

If you want to go with the boy mayor and feel like it's something you want to try out then I'd say go for it! I think you should play with what makes you feel happy about it! That, and if the boys' hairstyles aren't really an issue for you and you want to play the opposite gender then I'd say go for it!

I prefer playing as my own sex because it makes the simulation aspect seem more real. Plus, it makes more of the wardrobe in game game easier to wear if you're a girl. Maybe have a second character as a boy? And yeah, the girl hairstyles are way more varied, which is nice if you want to change things up. Which I do about once a month or two months.

Dooo it, it doesn't matter. In regards to the hairstyles, I think a lot of the male hairstyles are cute

I don't understand why people keep saying "the haircut" bla bla bla?

Ignore the haircut, when you've tried all of the boy haircuts, the girl ones will become available. :)
I have a boy mayor (I'm a girl), though I'll only be using one haircut so for me it doesn't matter.

I love the boy haircuts, my female mayor has one. I'd say do it. Roleplaying is fun! Even though I have a female mayor in both my towns I have an equal female to male ratio for residents. The only thing I don't like about playing males is I feel like there's not a lot of clothing choices in the game, unless you want them really gender neutral or something. I had to wait days until they started selling decent pants at able's (this was for my female mayor). So I usually end up designing clothes for the males... I wish you could customise pants too but oh well.

Have several towns, and have girl & boy mayors - in play I don't notice any difference.
As I am a girl my personal preference is to play as a girl Mayor and have a boy alt. I feel similar to ctar17 post #8.
I tend to pay more attention to clothes & hairstyles on the girl mayors.

Personally, I find the boy haircuts kind of ugly, but I have often been a boy in games although I'm not. It's your call but it's pretty interesting trying stuff like that, so I say yeah, go for it.

It's all up to you! Like one of the above posters said, the boy hairstyles aren't really that good, though.

Whoa, whoa. What is this? What's wrong with the boy haircuts? That particular one is a spot on match for my hair and I'll have you know I am very hip. Very hip indeed. The nerve...

That's interesting, I actually like more of the male haircuts!

Dooo it, it doesn't matter. In regards to the hairstyles, I think a lot of the male hairstyles are cute

Right on. This is the truth here.

my sister has a male character because she likes how the eyes look, but the game allows you to dress in female clothing as a male and vice versa, so she just goes with what she's feeling most of the time. i mean, no one would judge you (i think?) for making your mayor male. i say go for it. c:

After a while you can change your hairstyle to girl cut if you don't like the boy cuts and you can wear any clothes no matter your gender so I would say go for it! The only thing that changes is that you won't get long lashes but I don't think that matters!!

My mayor is a guy, and tbh he's prob my favorite of all the AC players I've made over the last 9 1/2 years. He has the best getup in the whole town :cool:

I started out having girl players all the time, but back in 2010 or so I made a guy player in Wild World and ever since I've always done that. Idk if it would be the same for you but I say definitely go for it ^^

Do what makes you happy! I personally prefer to play as a my RL gender - female (and in games where the protagonist is a male, I give them unisex names), but it doesn't effect the game outside of pronouns used towards you. IIRC, you can get access to the opposite gender's hair after enough uses of Shampoodle?

Back