• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

if you could learn any in a short time... what language would you want to learn?

Oh man I actually joined the Army because of this lmao, I wanted to learn Korean! I wound up learning Arabic instead, which is cool! I'm super, super out of practice though. If I could learn *any* language super easily, I'd go with German since my brother speaks it and it would be nice to have conversations with him.

Chinese! I have a Chinese roots, looks like Chinese, eat Chinese food everyday, but can't even blurt out a single sentence in Chinese. That's why I'm more like a disgrace to the family lmao. Tried learn Chinese several time in my life, but always, alwaaysss end up bad :/

Definitely Tagalog. I'm one of the only people who doesn't understand it in my family, and it's sooooo frustrating being teased for being "dumber" than everyone else and have people talk about me right in my face, thinking that I wouldn't notice. My pronunciation sucks though so every time I try to say something, I sound like an idiot ugh

French, because I have to do it at school. It would be way easier! I'd ace all my tests!

japanese because most of my favorite songs are in japanese
yoruba because it would be cool if i could talk to my parents in their language
polish because most of my friends are polish!

oh yeah and can't forget french! i'll get an A since i did it at school

Last edited:
definitely spanish so I wouldn't have to stress trying to learn it anymore lol

Dutch! I'm surrounded by/close with a lot of people who seem to speak dutch, so I think it'd be pretty cool if I were to know some dutch too. Although they can understand english perfectly fine, I think it'd be cool to speak to them in dutch from time to time. Apparently it's a really hard language to pick up/learn as it is, so being able to learn it in a short time would be awesome.

idk why everyone choosing japanese...its easily accessible and actually has an appealing structure therefore is pretty smooth to learn IMO

i wanna do latin
all those declensions n **** are so hard lmao

Last edited:
either japanese or chinese so i could communicate better with my grandparents. they're getting older and i'm worried that when the time comes, i won't be able to fully convey how much i love them with my limited language skills right now...

they speak both japanese and chinese, so i could pick either but pros of japanese = i like the culture a lot so learning the language would enable me to have an easier time whenever i visit. pros of chinese = right with english, it's a super powered language! so many people speak it and it would be a great asset in business :)

If on a realistic level, I would like to be fluent in Spanish.

If I can magically learn a language in one second, probably Japanese. Even though that sounds pretty weebish, I could enjoy playing games before they release in the west.

i'd love to be fluent in norwegian or japanese

Last edited:
Currently i'm trying to learn to how read and form sentences in Japanese via Duolingo. I knew some basic words before (because anime---) but I could never read or form a proper sentence so I hope i can somehow make use of this when I visit Japan this winter. Aside from Japanese, I really like to learn french too!

Back