if you could learn any in a short time... what language would you want to learn?

50m4ra

Aaaaaaaaaaaaayiaaaaaaaaah
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Jack
Personally id like to just understand Japanese I don't really even care if I couldn't speak or write it all I want to do with it is play language locked games like untranslated games like Fe and mother's too bad it prob is the hardest one to learn ( I mean woow they have a LOT of characters! )

But what would you want to learn?

not 2 sound like a total weaboo but japanese lol, i started learning it a bit years ago and i have interests where it could to good to be able to read japanese.
maybe i would choose german even though i have always hated learning german in school. i think it would feel a bit nice to be able to speak a language i have studied for five years so that the things that came out of those lessons weren't only pain and suffering lmao

Hmm... I would love to learn Japanese (Splatoon, ya know)
And MAYBE Russian just because its a funny language :p

Brazilian Portuguese
Greek
Sāmoan
Hawai’ian
Māori
Ancient Egyptian
Ancient Greek
Coptic
Hebrew
Arabic
Hindi
Tibetan
Finnish
Italian
Sanskrit
Anatolian (it's extinct though)
Latin (classical)
Telugu
Tamil
Malayalam
Balinese
Thai
Khmer

I'd also probably create my own language.

Last edited:
Portuguese :3

Been listening to music from there for some years now and I like the language so, yeah.

German. I was gonna take a German class while in college, and if I already know it then I get easy A!

Plus I can be further ahead in it than my brother is :lemon:

Definitely some sort of asian language, whichever would be more practical to have.

Swahili, Russian, Portuguese or Cantonese! Russian and Cantonese because I love how they sound but am too lazy to actually learn them because of all the grammar, Portuguese because it'd be nice to understand more of the music I listen to and Swahili because I'm interested in African studies and want to learn even just one African language

japanese, so I can play nintendo games before they're localized :,) (also for certain weeb reasons)

I really want to learn Korean! Yes Ima understand everything in Kpop and what is my bias saying! No more subs for me! I also want to learn Vietnamese because it looks to cool!

Japanese would be my pick with Arabic right behind. Both are beautiful languages. I listen to a lot of music in different languages but those two have been so charming to listen to. :)

I'd like to know Korean as it's the language of the country I was born in.

Japanese for A E S T H E T I C.
But really, probably Japanese because it'd be cool to understand the characters and play Japanese-exclusive games like Animal Forest.

Swahili, Russian, Portuguese or Cantonese! Russian and Cantonese because I love how they sound but am too lazy to actually learn them because of all the grammar, Portuguese because it'd be nice to understand more of the music I listen to and Swahili because I'm interested in African studies and want to learn even just one African language

Can I move to you so we can try learn Portuguese together? : D

But yeah if I had to pick an African language I'd probably pick some Portuguese-based kriolu because I listen to music and stuff from eg. Guinea-Bissau and idk it would be cool to know tbh

Can I move to you so we can try learn Portuguese together? : D

But yeah if I had to pick an African language I'd probably pick some Portuguese-based kriolu because I listen to music and stuff from eg. Guinea-Bissau and idk it would be cool to know tbh
Ikr! I want to understand Super Mama Djombo's lyrics so bad. I'd take up Guinea-Bissau creole in a heartbeat if you could learn it here. Unfortunately my uni mostly just seems to have Swahili with an occasional course in some Southern or Eastern African language. :|

Back