if you could learn any in a short time... what language would you want to learn?

And yeah I'd like to know Spanish as well man, it's pretty useful and yeah I like learning languages have like 0 motivation now tho .-.

I'm well on my way to learning Japanese but if I could magically learn any language instantly, I'd pick French 'cause it'd be useful for me. Unfortunately I just have a hard time focusing on it.

I think Spanish! Since it's a romantic language, not too hard to learn and can be really useful, especially since you can use it as a stepping stone to other languages like Italian c:

I'd say Mandarin Chinese or Japanese, but I've been learning those for 2 years already haha

either japanese or spanish. japanese bc i'm super into the haikyuu stageplay and the only recordings are available in japanese (so basically a kind of weeby reason) and spanish because it's very commonly spoken in my city and it'd be really useful

tbh japanese, and i tried to teach myself for a short while but that was in like a 48 hour period where i was really motivated and then dropped it after that lol. i'd totally love to learn though

also spanish. i was spanish class for like 4 years but class is just DREADFUL. it'd be very helpful to know it, esp since there's a lot of spanish speakers in florida

i admire those w the determination and motivation to actually learn languages on their own will

Hmmm... I would like to learn Italian, Spanish and German. I think being able to speak Latin would be really cool, but I've heard that it's one of the hardest languages to learn... Oh well, at least I still know a few words.

(If you're wondering why I'd like to learn these languages, it's because I'm writing a novel which is inspired by Ancient Rome. I'm going to Italy to see the Colosseum when I turn 17, and I'd like to go to Spain and Germany - I want to go to the Teutoburg Forest - because there are Roman ruins there. I don't think I will actually know any other language than English though, to be honest. Like I said, I would like to learn another language, but I don't have the motivation...)

Last edited:
probally french so I could pass my language classes easier, that would be handier for sure

Last edited:
I’ve been considering opening a thread here to help people who are learning German (homework assistance, answering general questions etc). Do you think there would be any interest? :3

Vietnamese. Getting the tones down in a tonal language is difficult. -___-
It would be convenient to learn quickly and easier to be able to converse with my husband's family and be able to teach/converse with future kids.
Not tonal languages look like a walk in the park honestly.

Last edited:
Vietnamese. Getting the tones down in a tonal language is difficult. -___-
It would be convenient to learn quickly and easier to be able to converse with my husband's family and be able to teach/converse with future kids.
Not tonal languages look like a walk in the park honestly.
I just googled tonal languages and oh my gosh, that does sound difficult.

Back