• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

if you could learn any in a short time... what language would you want to learn?

And yeah I'd like to know Spanish as well man, it's pretty useful and yeah I like learning languages have like 0 motivation now tho .-.

I'm well on my way to learning Japanese but if I could magically learn any language instantly, I'd pick French 'cause it'd be useful for me. Unfortunately I just have a hard time focusing on it.

I think Spanish! Since it's a romantic language, not too hard to learn and can be really useful, especially since you can use it as a stepping stone to other languages like Italian c:

I'd say Mandarin Chinese or Japanese, but I've been learning those for 2 years already haha

For me its either French or Spanish. It's more logical because they're closer to the UK

either japanese or spanish. japanese bc i'm super into the haikyuu stageplay and the only recordings are available in japanese (so basically a kind of weeby reason) and spanish because it's very commonly spoken in my city and it'd be really useful

tbh japanese, and i tried to teach myself for a short while but that was in like a 48 hour period where i was really motivated and then dropped it after that lol. i'd totally love to learn though

also spanish. i was spanish class for like 4 years but class is just DREADFUL. it'd be very helpful to know it, esp since there's a lot of spanish speakers in florida

i admire those w the determination and motivation to actually learn languages on their own will

Hmmm... I would like to learn Italian, Spanish and German. I think being able to speak Latin would be really cool, but I've heard that it's one of the hardest languages to learn... Oh well, at least I still know a few words.

(If you're wondering why I'd like to learn these languages, it's because I'm writing a novel which is inspired by Ancient Rome. I'm going to Italy to see the Colosseum when I turn 17, and I'd like to go to Spain and Germany - I want to go to the Teutoburg Forest - because there are Roman ruins there. I don't think I will actually know any other language than English though, to be honest. Like I said, I would like to learn another language, but I don't have the motivation...)

Last edited:
probally french so I could pass my language classes easier, that would be handier for sure

Last edited:
I’ve been considering opening a thread here to help people who are learning German (homework assistance, answering general questions etc). Do you think there would be any interest? :3

Vietnamese. Getting the tones down in a tonal language is difficult. -___-
It would be convenient to learn quickly and easier to be able to converse with my husband's family and be able to teach/converse with future kids.
Not tonal languages look like a walk in the park honestly.

Last edited:
Vietnamese. Getting the tones down in a tonal language is difficult. -___-
It would be convenient to learn quickly and easier to be able to converse with my husband's family and be able to teach/converse with future kids.
Not tonal languages look like a walk in the park honestly.
I just googled tonal languages and oh my gosh, that does sound difficult.

Back