if you could learn any in a short time... what language would you want to learn?

Ikr! I want to understand Super Mama Djombo's lyrics so bad. I'd take up Guinea-Bissau creole in a heartbeat if you could learn it here. Unfortunately my uni mostly just seems to have Swahili with an occasional course in some Southern or Eastern African language. :|

Yeah I think that kriolu is pretty, distinct for the country(I think Cape Verde has its own form as well) and if you know some Portuguese I think you could get it as well so yeah unless you know someone from there or like go to school there I think it's kinda hard, meh...

German.

I start lessons next Friday so hopefully someday I'll have a decent level of understanding in it!

I don't really have favorite languages, so I'd pick something spoken by a lot of people. Between Arabic, Spanish and French, I'd choose Arabic because it would probably be the most difficult to learn

I would love to learn Mandarin Chinese, as for European languages, I'd go for German.

Japanese.
So I don't need to wait for the localization of comics, animes and games.
٩(๑>◡<๑)۶

German.

I start lessons next Friday so hopefully someday I'll have a decent level of understanding in it!

Have fun! Used to take classes for 6 years during school (from 6th to 11th grade) but yeah since I don't use it much than listening to music sometimes and read it I think I forgot most grammar and spoken/conversation stuff (and the grammar is horrible when to use what but still better than most languages haha)

Have fun! Used to take classes for 6 years during school (from 6th to 11th grade) but yeah since I don't use it much than listening to music sometimes and read it I think I forgot most grammar and spoken/conversation stuff (and the grammar is horrible when to use what but still better than most languages haha)

I studied it for two years in school and remember absolutely nothing. Kind of annoying now that I actually want to know it.

I studied it for two years in school and remember absolutely nothing. Kind of annoying now that I actually want to know it.

Ah. I can still read longer texts and understand music but my conversation skills suck really nice, haha.

Yeah, understandable. Hope the class goes well though :)

Japanese because it's an amazing country and I'm a manga and anime lover and I want to understand everything that's written and said there.
Chinese because of globalization.
French because I live at like 20 km of France and for most jobs it's needed.
German because I love a lot of german bands. I went to classes but had to leave my house and moved to a different country.
Portuguese because I used to live near Brazil and travel there a lot, and it's a very cool language.

Last edited:
Portuguese because I used to live near Brazil and travel there a lot, and it's a very cool language.

That's awesome :0 Interesting how their Portuguese differs though and all the slang (especially online) so yeah man that too.

That's awesome :0 Interesting how their Portuguese differs though and all the slang (especially online) so yeah man that too.

Absolutely Finnish, I'm afraid to start learning it because it feels like it's going to take forever. I know I should just begin but ugh!

Japanese for sure.

And while I'm not out here tryna dox myself... the japanese characters of my name translate as Cod Hate, or rather Hate Cod if you say the name like they do. I somehow think things like going to the doctors may be a bit difficult with the name Hate Cod.

Back