• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you trust the government?

wizard

Landon
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
I don't trust the government here in the USA at all, it doesn't matter who the president is, or what party they are from, I don't and won't trust it. Do you trust your country's government?

Last edited:
Yes and no. I mean I trust that my life isn't at stake and I can live out a normal healthy life here in America. But I don't doubt they tap into phone calls & messages, monitor your browsing history for suspicious activity, etc. I'm not surprised if they're greedy in terms of certain laws in place.

it depends on what you mean with "trust", i don't think the government is perfect and to be 100% trusted at all times but at the same time i don't think it is corrupt and i'm not afraid that the government will do something horrible or turn sweden into a dictatorship.

i think that our current government is okay/good (i don't really know or care about everything they're doing but they haven't really done anything that would make me think they're bad leaders of this country) and for the most part i trust it. i believe most things are done with good (or at least not bad) intentions and i don't dislike the idea of the government being involved in things like school and healthcare, but that doesn't mean that i trust it 100%.
democracy demands that the leaders of the country are questioned and not automatically trusted with everything by the people, politicians need to prove that they are trustworthy and they should be able to explain and be open with the things they're doing.

I love how I am told I live in a democracy/republic even though it's actually an oligarchy (a small group of people having control over a country). Our votes don't actually count and the government doesn't follow the constitution (and they never have). Since our votes don't count this is not a democracy, and since the constitution isn't followed we are not a republic. Since the electors votes are the ones that count, people don't have any say in what the government does, and it's basically like the constitution doesn't exist, we are an oligarchy.

Last edited:
Sure, don't live in the US but in a first world with untouchable democracy. Sure they won't share everything with the public and will do things in their favor, but I don't think that they are actively trying to screw us over.

I don't trust them 100% cause they're only in it for money whether that means ripping people off or not. But I do trust that the government won't screw us up to the point where my life is at stake.

They are self-centred, but if they mess with stuff too much they'll mess themselves up too, so I'm not actively worrying about it.

But I do think government will be useless soon.

I don't know about global anarchy, but I don't think any government should be blindly trusted.

I don't know. The government thinks for me! :lemon: Ask the government.

Considering Cheeto Dip**** is pres elect, no. Not even close. I mean, for ****'s sake, he wants to build a wall around America. A ****ing WALL. What's that going to ****ing do?

Considering Cheeto Dip**** is pres elect, no. Not even close. I mean, for ****'s sake, he wants to build a wall around America. A ****ing WALL. What's that going to ****ing do?

You know the government isn't just the POTUS? There's three branches of government for a reason.

It's not a dictatorship like North Korea has it. Or a monarchy like the U.K. was.

Legislative - Congress, made up of the Senate and Representatives.

Executive - POTUS, signs off (or vetos) a law that went through congress.

Judicial - SCOTUS, clarifies the constitution. It's the highest court in the land.

Last edited:
I'm very cynical when it comes to politics, I don't really "trust" the government. I'm not one of those conspiracy theorists or anything, it's more like I don't trust the government to do the right thing. Good and important ideas are always shut down in favor of money. There are always going to be big companies funneling their money into politicians who will vote for their company's interest, and not what's good for the people.

Not really. MK ultra happened so I will never fully trust the government.

I don't trust the government that much (I really just don't care) if our state government actually cared about us in CA, they would do something about the insane inflation prices here where I live around Anaheim.

Its called a democracy because people actually vote on things. Especially laws, thats why the three branches of government are there for.
If it was an oligarchy, the president would have full control of the country and can easily screw us over for their own gain. But, since the senate can easily impeach the president its not hard to kick out the corrupt ones (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are good examples)
But, because both Clinton and Trump are corrupt AF, I guess they decided to go with Trump.
Trump... Is very shadowy. Sure, he isnt actively trying to screw us over, but does little things to help himself. He after all, is the son of a rich company guy...? (My politics is rusty, so meh)
Especially with the disputes of Kim Jung Un II and Russia, it won't be long until someone gets nuked.

Back