That awkward moment when Redd is selling two real paintings

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
And you don't know which one to pick. He's in my town today and two of the paintings in his shop are real: The Basic Painting and the Jolly Painting. And I have no idea which one I should pick. Now I'm standing here awkwardly in his tent, not knowing what to do. I wish we can choose more than one painting.

You can buy both actually! You'll need a second character, though. Buy one with your mayor, load the other character and buy the second one~ if you don't have a alt/don't wish for one, you can still make one just for this and delete it later. :)

are you sure its two of them? both have the chance to be a fake, im sure that only one painting is real out of four every time

I'm 100 positive both are real. Unless Thonky's guide is wrong

Jolly painting: Has a green nose so it's real, if the nose is an orange carrot then it's fake
21743027_348005302308414_8239331383838002019_n.jpg

Basic painting: One arm folded so it's real, if both arms are folded at his sides, then it's fake
21740265_348005418975069_5541061043681090158_n.jpg

I know it's a random thing, but I see Redd selling the Jolly Painting a lot more often than the Basic Painting. I just picked up the Basic today (it was the only real piece), and even with the breaks I've taken, I've seen the Jolly at least 3 times be real.

Won't the painting get deleted if I delete the second character?

You'll need to wait until tomorrow so they receive the painting on their tent's mailbox. When they do, just drop the painting on the floor (I do it on the train station cobblestone), save and quit, and delete the character. The painting will remain there for your mayor to pick.

Redd can offer more than one real thing, it's rare, though. I always use a existing second character for this times, but if you don't
have one yet, this will do the trick. :)

Last edited:
You'll need to wait until tomorrow so they receive the painting on their tent's mailbox. When they do, just drop the painting on the floor (I do it on the train station cobblestone), save and quit, and delete the character. The painting will remain there for your mayor to pick.

Redd can offer more than one real thing, it's rare, though. I always use a existing second character for this times, but if you don't
have one yet, this will do the trick. :)

Okay, I'll do this. I'll have to drop some bells from my mayor on the ground first or else my other character won't be able to buy the painting lol. Never thought to do this.

Haha, game that tries to limit us. We have ways to work around you.

Okay, I'll do this. I'll have to drop some bells from my mayor on the ground first or else my other character won't be able to buy the painting lol. Never thought to do this.

Haha, game that tries to limit us. We have ways to work around you.

Indeed. x) If you don't want to bother with the exact amount, I'd drop like 5,000 and after the purchase, you can drop the change on the floor using the alt for you mayor to pick up.
My train station is always littered with character trade stuff :p

It is possible, it also happened to me with the famous and calm (if i'm not mistaken) painting...

Okay, so I just bought the second painting, saved and quit, now I'm going back to my mayor character. Just have to wait until tomorrow now.

I once visited a town where the mayor had Redd in the Plaza - all 4 paintings were real!!!

I told the player excitedly.

Apparently she wasn't into art, paintings, or the museum but wow she wanted blue roses.

I've never seen all real paintings since :blush:

I once visited a town where the mayor had Redd in the Plaza - all 4 paintings were real!!!

I told the player excitedly.

Apparently she wasn't into art, paintings, or the museum but wow she wanted blue roses.

I've never seen all real paintings since :blush:

Oh, wow! That must have been a really rare occurrence!! I've never had more than 2 real ones :eek:
Actually, lately the real ones are always stuff I've already donated. I buy the anyways :p

I wish I had this problem when Redd visited me yesterday. Lately he just wants to sell me a real Jolly painting which I already have.... <<

I had the same situation just a few days ago! I went with a statue over the painting lol :) If you don't want to make a second character, just choose the one you personally like best I think?

Back