• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone been in a situation where they had a 3DS stolen or lost?

lowfiboi

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm devastated. My 3DS of 3 years was stolen from my bag last night while at a house show. I wouldn't have been so sad about it if it wasn't for the fact that most of my games were purchased digitally. Literally close to $500 worth of games. If anyone has been in a similar situation, was there anything you were able to do to get those games back from Nintendo? I still have my Friend Code written down on a note and I actually have a backed up SD card with the games I had on my 3DS. I just don't have another 3DS and probably won't be able to afford one for a little while. Any advice would help.

i'm so sorry that happened! maybe you could try contacting nintendo and explain the situation? do you have any proof that it was stolen?

First, I'm sorry man, must feel really horrible to lose the console AND all those games D:

I don't know what Nintendo actually does in those situations, like if they can temporarily block the NNID account and stuff on the one that got stolen etc. I guess you could contact them with as much proof as possible like NNID stuff, maybe serial number if you wrote that down, 3 model and so on and see if they can do anything.

And yeah some sorta proof it actually got stolen so they don't think you fake it.

I won't be able to contact Nintendo until my friend returns from work and allows me to use his phone, but no, I don't have any proof at all other than I looked for it and could not find it anywhere. :/ And I looked throughout the house and didn't find it anywhere at all.

*3ds model not 3 model typo

That sucks man, but yeah as long as you remember the NNID maybe they can help you? And if you remember the password and stuff for it maybe they can help you change it..?

You might wanna look for the original package and receipt in case Nintendo needs it to verify something.

I lost my 3DS in America last year when I was on vacation. I just ended up buying a new one. Maybe you should try contacting Nintendo and ask them about your situation. Sorry for what happened to you :(

Last edited:
This happened to my boyfriend's 3DS a few years ago. He lost it on his college campus. We did find out someone found it thanks to having each other's FCs (it showed up online a few hours later). However, when I tried to contact the person via Swapnote (back when it was still a thing), I never got a response back and they never showed up online again despite offering a reward. He had multiple digital games and funds.

We contacted Nintendo and explained the situation so he was able to get his funds transferred from the eShop iirc. Despite having the serial number and all necessary information, the reps told us nothing could be done. It's kind of irritating there's no microchip in them in case of these situations happening but nope. >:/

We even checked Craigslist for several weeks afterward to no avail. I would try your local Craigslist. If you ever took pictures of your 3DS (especially if it has anything unique like a sticker or shows the serial #), you might have some luck? you might be able to report that but I don't have much experience with this step unfortunately.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. It's a horrible thing. :(

Horrible to hear that it got stolen. Never happened to me before, I leave mine at home for the most part.

That is just sad :-(
I've haven't lost mine because of the vice grip kung-gu reaction tick I keep

But someone did steal my Wii U Mario Party 10 game sooooo I feel ya not relly

Every since I keep my 3ds on me (Digital Download included)
& my cartridges seperate

& like 3 time someone *thief* had(s) tried to take my ipod :-/

I kind of keed a watch when in public or groups and ImNEVER leave it alone in public

So sorry :( There's nothing more frustrating than having something you love lost for no good reason

No, but that sounds horrible. My friend thinks another friend stole one from her though. Her FC never shows up online though, so it might be lost in her messy room.

Near the end of August 2016 my older sister (older by 5 years) enabled her fiance (who has multiple personalities) to steal my 3DS, charger and games when I was at work. I gave them a place to live, a place to sleep, I gave them food to eat and they decided that they would sell my stuff because they didn't want to work. I'm never going to get any of it back, as it was sold privately, but Nintendo still says that the device is wiped clean and there are no Nintendo Network IDs linked with it, so it's likely broken somewhere. I feel your pain.

Back