New Horizons Token
Isabelle
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
So it's supposedly true that villagers don't plot their houses over QR codes anymore, why only supposedly, you ask. Because I've had Marina move in on top of my paths right in front of the train station, destroying some bushes in my first town, Space, and now on my second town I've got Blanche plotting her house on top of paths (and I know there were pathes there because it's a smooth run from one end of town to the other) so yeah. So much for villagers not moving on top of QR codes anymore right? Huh.

Last edited:
I find that odd cause I covered my whole town in qr codes. And not one villager plotted on them. Was there a three by three space left open?

As far as I'm aware, in my second town there were no unecessary plots open apart from the ones I've planned out so yeah there were spots for Blanche to move in. I learned from the Marina incident (as the only planned spot I had was covered in one QR code and forced her to move on top of my paths).

Oh wait... I just checked... ughhhh its another bleeding Marina incident... great. Might as well time travel to move others in and get her out to fix stuff, I'm much more lenient with my second town as I'm still planning the layout.

I didn't realise they even (supposedly) added that feature. So, what if you knock down all trees and PWPs and cover it in QR codes? Where do villagers go lol

I didn't realise they even (supposedly) added that feature. So, what if you knock down all trees and PWPs and cover it in QR codes? Where do villagers go lol

If there are no available places they will plot on paths. Same goes for when a 3x3 place isn't suitable. For example when it's too close to the plaza or something.

*shakes fist* curse these villagers!

It's cool, going to be learning from this and will rectify the problems in my second town. Got Tipper to move in from the campsite and she plotted in a space I planned out so I think it'll be plain sailing.

Need to remove the problem villagers and cover up where their houses are.

Last edited:
It just... happened again. Are you serious? Miranda decided to plot on top of my hybrid roses and qr codes and now they're gone... I have three 3x3 spaces open... are you actually kidding me? What's wrong with this game, I'm calling the no more moving on top of QR codes bull. Sorry if I'm coming off as angry but for a game that I used to find theraputic and help with my anxiety it's certainly doing a lot of the opposite... so what? Do I keep wasting my time plot resetting after getting over this catastrophe? Great, just what I need, having to stress about fixing my town even more.

Ah I just googled to see what Miranda looks like and such... I'm not happy ffs.
Thanks Nintendo, I'm trying not to get agitated....
I just don't understand...

Hmmmmm...

rDtAe2A.jpg

I don't get it, the three free spaces were- as far as I'm aware- suitable for villagers. One is a few spaces above Poncho and the others are close to where former villagers have lived. There was no need for Miranda to plot in a space that:
Was not a 3x3 space.
Was covered in QR codes.
Is too close to my house.

Last edited:
I don't get it, the three free spaces were- as far as I'm aware- suitable for villagers. One is a few spaces above Poncho and the others are close to where former villagers have lived. There was no need for Miranda to plot in a space that:
Was not a 3x3 space.
Was covered in QR codes.
Is too close to my house.

The only way this could happen is if the spaces weren't suitable. Is the acre rule being respected? (maximum of 3 buildings per acre, which is 16 tiles wide) The places you choose are at least 2 tiles away from another villager's houses and PWPs? Is there 2 free tiles after the door space? There must be something if they're plotting on patterns.

The only way this could happen is if the spaces weren't suitable. Is the acre rule being respected? (maximum of 3 buildings per acre, which is 16 tiles wide) The places you choose are at least 2 tiles away from another villager's houses and PWPs? Is there 2 free tiles after the door space? There must be something if they're plotting on patterns.

I'm going to bet the issue is with the acre rule, because I had this same problem over and over again before I realized this was even a thing. After that, and after figuring out my acres, I've been able to plot villagers using the pattern trick without a problem (assuming I haven't overlooked an open 3x3 space, which happens). I tend to plot reset with a new temp human character even when I have patterns down just because of that possibility.

I'm going to have to do more research into this... I mean, as far as I was aware the spaces had been fine and my villagers moved into others similar

I'm gonna have to wait until someone moves out and I'll probably scan in an amiibo and plot reset to double check. Heh it's a good thing I've planned out a space whenever I need a second character.

Thanks guys.

Still gutted about my roses though like ughhhh.

Wow, just found out about the update. I was so confused when I saw some screenshots of certain things I've never seen in gam before. ��

You're doing it wrong. This feature isn't debatable :v it works 100% of the time. Your plots might be too close to PWP's

Ahh ok. Same thing happened to me. Sometimes villagers might demolish 1 pattern just to plot their house (Ive read this somewhere and I'm pretty sure it was proven right). Thats why I take 8 hours plotting my whole town with 1x1 paths to prevent demolishes.
Another reason is that the available spot you left isn't accurate? probably? villagers plot their houses in a 3x3 space and there has to be at LEAST 2 spaces in between.

This issue is the EXACT reason why I make a new character first, to make sure my villager goes where I want him/her to

Not knowing Japanese I'm not 100% sure - but I think this is the original twitter from Nintendo apologising for houses moving onto paths. (note the date corresponds to the acnl_WA update). I did at some point see an English version, maybe that will come up with a bit of searching.
Sadly villagers will move onto paths if there is not enough space to follow the rules. (acre limit & spacing between objects).

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/796213148038492161

If I can I too plot reset with a new save file, but some of my towns have 4 characters so have to rely on patterns.

Last edited:
Do you have the WA update?

Yep, one copy is a WA game and the other is updated.

You're doing it wrong. This feature isn't debatable :v it works 100% of the time. Your plots might be too close to PWP's

I have about 4 maybe 5 PWPs in my town and none of them are near my villagers, in fact they're either near the Town Hall or the Plaza and all the spaces I've made for villagers aren't even close to them.

Anyways, I've made spaces for an extra character so plot resetting is going to be a huge precaution now in both if my towns I guess.

Last edited:
Back