Is Animal Crossing ''Gone''

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this post came out around when CF was at it's prime (post-prime?),
and OP mentioned cheating. How do people cheat in that game I'm wondering?

Hacked items, seeds (potentially, they were definitely around in WW but I don't know about CF). Most cheats are harmless to multiplayer such as filling encyclopaedias/catalogues/money/etc

Wow what a thread revival. Well seeing that there are still large communities like this one and the ones on Tumblr, I'd say that it's still alive and well and will continue to be a classic. :)

We'll have to see what the mobile game is all about. If Nintendo plans on that to 'replace' traditional console / handheld AC then we could be in trouble. I don't think that'll be the case, but the AC brand has been in a weird place since New Leaf

I hope not - I only just started playing in April and I feel like I have years to catch up on. I absolutely love this game and I should have listened to all the people that said I'd love it and bought it years ago. I'm very hopeful for a Switch game in 2018/2019 but we shall see. The fact the released the update and it actually had a lot of extra things to make it worthwhile sticking around for gives me hope too.

Omg, I freaked out about this thread thinking people aren't playing anymore till I checked the dates.
Animal Crossing lives on.

It's not so much it's dead, it's just there's been no new ac for 5 years now. There was that welcome amiibo update but that was basically an additional furniture update if you think about it but you need amiibo to access certain items. People are bored of the main premise. It's like having skyrim and adding new quests after 6 years, no one cares because theyve played the game to death.

We need a new ac but nintendo's ac team have been busy working on splatoon 2. Now it's out it should of started now but it's gonna be silent for another year. My forum is having the same issue. More activity in the off topics section than the actual ac sections which ironically is what the forum is based on lol

IN CONCLUSION: WE NEED A NEW AC, NOT AN UPDATE, ENTIRELY NEW FOR SWITCH OR 3DS

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg, I freaked out about this thread thinking people aren't playing anymore till I checked the dates.
Animal Crossing lives on.

omg you're right haha, but it's even more true now than it was then, someone must of bumped it lol

Last edited:
It's not so much it's dead, it's just there's been no new ac for 5 years now. There was that welcome amiibo update but that was basically an additional furniture update if you think about it but you need amiibo to access certain items. People are bored of the main premise. It's like having skyrim and adding new quests after 6 years, no one cares because theyve played the game to death.

We need a new ac but nintendo's ac team have been busy working on splatoon 2. Now it's out it should of started now but it's gonna be silent for another year. My forum is having the same issue. More activity in the off topics section than the actual ac sections which ironically is what the forum is based on lol

IN CONCLUSION: WE NEED A NEW AC, NOT AN UPDATE, ENTIRELY NEW FOR SWITCH OR 3DS

I personally cant complain, Splatoon 2 looks absolutely beautiful and I love the gameplay...
But I agree with you. Nintendo needs to make a New Animal Crossing or it'll die out. My guess is that they are going to make a new AC AFTER they're done with Splatoon 2. It's just my guess, but we'll just have to hope a miracle will happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back