Someone stole my town!

that's actually not true, while you can't do it in the acnl save editor you can use other stuff to do it. there are videos of people doing it on youtube but uhhh thats probably not simething i should link

it's a crappy thing to do but it is possible

Oh, wow. You're right.

Did some research. Turns out they can't copy the interiors of houses, but they get everything else. So it sounds to me like they actually wanted to copy your town to every last detail, and did so to the maximum of their ability.

Apparently, this is something they could already do up until the Welcome amiibo update, which broke the exploit. But now, using a newer tool (which I obviously won't name), they can do it again.

Man, that sucks. Well, kind of. Useful for personal stuff.

Last edited:
Hey! I checked out your DA last night, and your town is seriously amazing! I mean, seriously. The landscaping was amazing, so many flowers and bushes, really well thought out. And I found your paths were really easy to follow (normally they're all over the place and super confusing). I was also super impressed with your interior decorating skills. I thought all your rooms were really great (except the Mayor's basement, which I thought was kinda creepy).

I was seriously shocked and amazed that someone would literally create an exact replica of your town like that, and I can totally see why you're mad, but I also see why they copied it. I still think it's just rude and I wish there was something you could do about it.

I like to borrow ideas, but not to EXACT REPLICAS. I choose charaters I like, villagers I want. I don't go "Oh, I want to steal a tiny little town no one knows about" and take it. If I ever copy anything, It's by mistake. But the person your talking about? JESUS if someone takes over Jewel, I'd be mad too.
Also: don't go to the duplicated town at all. Go to the oringinal and give it good ratings, that might make the bad(not applying to all, I actually wanna hack a town myself) hacker stop.

Last edited:
I use other people's towns as inspiration and yeah, I might copy a few things here and there, but not the entire doggone town!

And now I want to see the copy cat town. Might help if I had my dream suite built.

Last edited:
Hey! I checked out your DA last night, and your town is seriously amazing! I mean, seriously. The landscaping was amazing, so many flowers and bushes, really well thought out. And I found your paths were really easy to follow (normally they're all over the place and super confusing). I was also super impressed with your interior decorating skills. I thought all your rooms were really great (except the Mayor's basement, which I thought was kinda creepy).

I was seriously shocked and amazed that someone would literally create an exact replica of your town like that, and I can totally see why you're mad, but I also see why they copied it. I still think it's just rude and I wish there was something you could do about it.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I've poured my heart into Arbolita, it's like my little baby.
Funny you bring up the basement, I made it a few days ago. Gotta leave a special room for the villagers just in case the mayor disappears. lol

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I've poured my heart into Arbolita, it's like my little baby.
Funny you bring up the basement, I made it a few days ago. Gotta leave a special room for the villagers just in case the mayor disappears. lol

I want to see your town too. I wish there was a way we can report these people to Nintendo.

I want to see your town too. I wish there was a way we can report these people to Nintendo.
I wish it were not possible to do. I don't see how anyone could want someone else's town. I mean, yeah, I admire and love many towns out there but taking it as my own just takes the whole fun out of the game and it makes the town very impersonal.
There is a youtube video of my town, it's in Spanish but she was the only youtuber that showed off my whole town exterior. I have made a couple of changes since the video but it is mostly the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWN2ibxxoQ&list=LLM28zRLZ6mre1Pn-3TrqbWw&index=9

Woah that sucks. Yeah it's possible with hacking. I hate uncreative hackers though. I think hackers should use hacking as an opportunity to make creative towns and not limit their minds. But then you have lazy hackers who hack because they don't understand the point of the game. Sorry dude...

Back