Someone stole my town!

Fruitcup

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
I have a second town and I wanted to see how Arbolita looked while dreaming of it so I searched for my town's name and a second town popped up. I went to it and it was my exact town!

Wow! Were there any differences in it that let you know it wasn't just a glitch?

The whole town exterior is the same. She changed the villager's names and the interiors of the houses. </3
I don't mind if she uses my town's map layout as a base but using my town and the way I designed it is not cool. Hell, she could have at least changed the town's name and flag.

Ouch that's so not cool. She must've done it through hacking. That's taking it way past inspiration.

Could you tell us the dream codes for yours and the copycat? I want to see the copycat's dream and give it a nightmare response :p

Hi. Hacker here.

There is no way that you can copy a town through hacking. The only way someone could do that is if you yourself hacked your town and gave her a copy of your town file for her to inject into her game.

So, perhaps even weirder, this person has seen your town and manually copied in all of the details. Possibly through hacks, yes, but actually taking your town isn't possible.

I didn't even know this was possible *shocked emote!*

To the point, though, you must be really upset about this! I know I would be if all of my hard work and creativity had literally just been copy and pasted into another town and claimed as someone else's. On the plus side, they must have really liked your town? I don't know. This just seems really rude...

Ahhh this is horrible, why would anyone even do that? There's no fun in just copying someone's town... plus you worked hard on working on yours, why would someone just copy it, it's like taking/stealing someone's intellectual property... It's really sad that this is happening to you, you must be feeling upset right now :( Hope this kind of issues gets addressed properly...

Hi. Hacker here.

There is no way that you can copy a town through hacking. The only way someone could do that is if you yourself hacked your town and gave her a copy of your town file for her to inject into her game.

So, perhaps even weirder, this person has seen your town and manually copied in all of the details. Possibly through hacks, yes, but actually taking your town isn't possible.

that's actually not true, while you can't do it in the acnl save editor you can use other stuff to do it. there are videos of people doing it on youtube but uhhh thats probably not simething i should link

it's a crappy thing to do but it is possible

I found the copycat's town. Apparently, the mayor is Mexican/Spanish?
Ive looked through their history, and they've been time traveling HARD to get all the perm papa to go in order ex:

Mayor Carla became Mayor June 11!

Museum 2F Completed June 12!

And so on.

I gave it a good kick with the "Not really..." Option in the dream suite.

Copycats are too lazy. But I think she tried too hard copying. Lol

I knew it was possible for editors/hackers to take a copy of a dream town pre update. There were players working on getting it to work post update, so it's happened.

As far as I remember they can't take the insides of the houses? And I presume the copy can't take QR patterns held?
A very unpleasant thing to do. I know pre update some high profile players had their towns taken this way.
Shakes you up, it is a form of stealing. I don't understand why they do it.
My advice is to change your town around a little bit to make it yours again.

I get the annoyance. Though it's kinda the inevitable risk that's taken when uploading towns to be shared. Ultimately, anyone that has a game should utilize it to have a town that makes them happy to play in. Some people aren't creative and do copy parts if not all of a town whether through dreaming or tumblr blogs. So, if your town really made that person that happy and helps them enjoy animal crossing then I guess I'd be glad for them in the end.
For what it's worth, they won't be able to show that their town was made before yours so their tree will always show which town has been around longer. Likewise, what someone copied from you shouldn't stop you from enjoying what you've built. You're still making the town you love and enjoy so focus on that and not that there's a copy somewhere out there.

Last, to everyone giving that person nightmare ratings, I suggest not stooping to a low level. For all we know, they may have not had any ill intentions whatsoever. They may have just really wanted that precise town to get to play in. So potentially trolling their dream ratings is unnecessary and, if anything, just puts you down to their level as if they purposefully maliciously jacked the town. "When they go low, we go high."

Last edited:
I've had my town featured in some youtube channels I follow, particularly 2 Spanish animal crossing youtubers. I think thats where the person saw it and chose to steal it.
My town is already slightly different, coincidentally I had been making a few changes around town so that's nice. Hopefully she will be changing villagers around or just get bored of having a completed town that she did not create.
Thank you for your support guys, it makes me feel a lot better!

Last, to everyone giving that person nightmare ratings, I suggest not stooping to a low level. For all we know, they may have not had any ill intentions whatsoever. They may have just really wanted that precise town to get to play in. So potentially trolling their dream ratings is unnecessary and, if anything, just puts you down to their level as if they purposefully maliciously jacked the town. "When they go low, we go high."

I'm all for being mature and forgiving, but taking something and selling it as your own idea is bad behavior and calls for some criticism at least. If they had just genuinely wanted to play in the town they shouldn't have uploaded it to the Suite *shrug*

i dont get why people do this, i would rather create something of my own and be proud of it for what it is. i know it's just a game, but i really think that is rude and im sorry that you're experiencing this </3

That really sucks. I'm sorry. I'd be livid if someone stole my town. That's one of the things about this game that's less than favorable: it's too easy to steal stuff without any real repercussions whether it be items, or in your case, full towns.

But at least you know that YOU are the one who put the actual effort into your town. I know that might not make it sting less but know that you are the creator of the town and the person who stole it is just a copycat with clearly no creative bone in their body.

Last edited:
I didn't even know people could do that. Sorry, that happened, though!

Back