wearing shoes in the house

I don't care tbh. As long as the shoes aren't muddy or wet, it doesn't faze me. I personally, however, do not wear shoes inside of my house.

i Never wear shoes inside someones house unless they tell me to (usually when there are big parties or w/e and we are going to be both inside and outside a lot)
most people don't wear shoes inside here, it might b because of the weather lol and, like, wearing shoes inside is just Weird

couldnt care less, long as they arent literally dripping with mud then what's the issue

And, well yeah if the few times I have to rush back inside or waiting for something when I already put em on, then yes but then I try to keep in the hallway and don't go in the kitchen/living room etc. unless I have to.

Almost never. I usually do in other people's houses, but even I don't like that much, and at family member's houses and even those of friends, I would often take my shoes off. However, I had to stop doing that in my grandma's house because her dog will do whatever he can to chew things that are on the floor...

Only when I just put them on, am about to leave, and forgot something. It can be a real inconvenience to take them off after you just tied them tightly. Same goes for when you need to move furniture or move heavy things around you don't want to drop it on your bare feat. Otherwise, I don't wear them around the house.

not true for japanese. we have genkan so we always take off our shoes and have house slippers.

Yeah, also, in 2009, I went this home of a Korean family in Mississippi, and they did something similar (except you kept your socks on and there weren't slippers).

I never wear them in the house unless I'm in a huge rush and I ran outside, only to come back inside again for forgetting something.
I don't leave shoes outside either though. At the entrance, just wipe your feet and put the shoes on a rug area :D

I live in a place where it's not an etiquette to take off your shoes (unless they are dirty). Like when we're chilling alone at home we have house shoes or warm socks, but it's kinda rude here to wear comfortable clothes when you have guests over. Friends usually only take them off when they're staying over for the night and bring their own comfortable clothes with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
none of my relatives/my friends+their families wear shoes inside the house. what are you accomplishing by it other than tracking dirt all over the floors lol?? also being barefoot/in socks/slippers is a lot more comfortable imo

i don't but when my parents come in, they hardly ever take their shoes off and the carpet gets NASTY and it makes me so mad

We don't wear shoes to walk around in the house but when we come home we'll walk in with them and take them off in our rooms/etc. We keep the carpets relatively clean so it's not too big of a deal I guess.

I leave mine on or wear slippers because I live in a house where others don't take theirs off (especially frustrating when they bring in sludgy water this time of year)
I'd prefer them being taken off by everyone, but just can't enforce that -.-

This is the case for me as well. Others I live with insist on wearing shoes in the house and it drives me nuts. The floor gets dirty easier. I've given up going barefoot despite cleaning so socks/slippers it is.

I am pretty sure you ALWAYS take off your shoes in anyones house in Sweden. >_>
I really don't see why you should wear shoes inside.
No one has ever walked into my house with shoes. I've never walked into someones house with shoes. I've never seen anyone do it. I'm pretty sure you just don't here in Sweden.

Uh no thanks. I prefer keeping my shoes off when inside my home. When in other people's homes though I keep my shoes on (unless they ask if I could take them off).

Last edited:
If its from outside no its disgusting
Anyway I use slippers not shoes

Wearing shoes in the house totally grosses me out, we had someone doing renovations over the summer and they walked all over our carpet in their shoes and ick. I also don't sit on my bed in anything I wore outside of the house

We take our shoes off in our house. I wear socks around the house. When I'm visiting other people, I'll ask them if they want me to take off my shoes.

Back