• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

wearing shoes in the house

pizzapie44

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
do you wear shoes inside of your house? how do you feel when other people wear THEIR shoes in your house? and im talking about the shoes you wear outdoors, and not about slippers or indoor shoes. i honestly think it's disgusting, but what's your take on the matter???

Last edited:
Neverrr! I also don't like outdoor clothes on my bed unless it's clean laundry.

I don't like it. I never wear shoes in the house and am happy to take mine off when others ask.
It really gripes me when people won't take theirs off when you ask them.

I leave mine on or wear slippers because I live in a house where others don't take theirs off (especially frustrating when they bring in sludgy water this time of year)
I'd prefer them being taken off by everyone, but just can't enforce that -.-

god no if you step off our front mat with your shoes on i will personally chop your feet off

I don't walk around in my house with my shoes on but if someone steps in for awhile and doesn't take theirs off idc. I always take mine off in other people's houses though to be polite, even if they don't seem to mind either way.

We don't wear our shoes in the house, but we also don't insist on guests taking them off if they'd rather not. I think it's just plain weird to wear shoes in the house though.

I don't get why you would wear shoes in the house. It's gross and dirty. You step on dirt and who knows what outside, I wouldn't wanna drag that inside. It be such a pain to vacuum and keep the carpet clean >__>

We never wear our shoes in our house. It's dirty and makes vacuuming the house more of a chore (I'm the vacuumer in my house so I get real peeved when someone fails to take off their shoes).

No. All that does is track dirt into the house and dirty up your carpet.

I only ever wear shoes in the house when I've just come home from being out, and I don't take them off right away, or I'm waiting to go out and I'm just waiting for the time to leave to hit. Other than that, I don't wear shoes in my house.

I don't wear shoes in my house, ever. I'm probably more stringent about it now that I own my own house and have nice carpets and rugs to keep clean, but I didn't wear shoes in the house at any point in time that I recall. I'll always remove my shoes if I'm visiting someone else just because I find it to be rather rude to track in all manner of outside crap, and likewise, I always request that guests remove their shoes at the door when visiting my house.

Well, I should probably mention that I have a pair of sandals that I wear down in my basement, because that's where I keep the litter boxes and I'd rather not fall victim to a ninja turd if I can help it.

I don't wear outside shoes in the house, but I am guilty of putting on my shoes ready to leave the house, forgetting something in my room and running back to get it lmao. I do wear slippers though coz my room mate has a cat and I don't want to feel bits of litter on my feet.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Asians keep their outdoor footwear on inside... But as a family of Phillipinos, we hate using shoes inside the house. It just doesn't feel, natural. (Even though we have hardwood flooring)

I will personally chop the toes of anyone who wears shoes in the house. It makes it harder for me as the main cleaner of my house to sweep ;-;

i don't wear shoes in my house and i don't wear shoes in other people's houses too (although they may not care, i'd feel weird and disrespectful). i don't like it when people wear their shoes in my house because i grew up in an asian household and in most asian households that i've seen, people remove their shoes before entering.. it's a custom. although i constantly remind my uncle to remove his shoes before entering, he doesn't listen and i feel uncomfortable when he walks around my house with his shoes. when he leaves, my mom mops the floor immediately lol. also i think it's disgusting but that's probably because my mom dusts and mops every 2 or 3 days so that has turned me into a clean freak lol

I take my shoes off as soon as I'm in my house. I wouldn't be too bothered if someone else left theirs on, it's just that I rent my house and I wouldn't want the carpet to get ruined.

No, we don't. Think all of the dirt and stuff so yeah unless you have special inside shoes you just don't.

I always wear shoes in the house, lol.

Everyone is saying it's disgusting I thought it was just a normal thing what's going on

I don't wear my shoes in the house but my mom, my brother and his girlfriend are doing it all the time. Especially my mom who has the nerve to argue that HER shoes are not dirty because the sole is flat. Once she walked in cat poop and spread it all over the floor and still has the nerve to say it wasn't her fault....-______- Same for their boots, they damaged all the floors with melted snow.

In summer, I even take off my shoes before entering the house.

Last edited:
Back