• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are some of your favourite areas in your town?

The_Storyteller

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi all,

So yesterday I finally finished the final PWP in my town hall area; a modern clock! Today was the first day all the PWPs were together (instrument shelter, garbage bin, 2 round street lamps and the modern clock). I think it looks really good, sort of like a little park area or a central hub or something? I don't know.

It's something I've never really done in any other town before and it turned out rather well. What are some of your favourite areas in your own town? What worked out well? What surprised you?

Congratulations on finishing that area! :)
My favorite part of town is where I have my cube sculpture, I wanted to use that PWP since I first saw it. I also like that area because it feels like its own spot secluded from the rest of town.

@ Fruitcup, if the area you're talking about is the one in your signature, it looks really great. It's so cool when you can create these little private areas to chill out.

I have two favorite areas; my wisteria trellis. which is next to my favorite pond and the first clover that appeared in my town. And the second area is the one around my fourth character's house, it's just one of my more nicely landscaped areas I feel :)

My favorite area is the campsite near one of the ponds in my town!

I can't wait to decorate around my ponds. I'm planning on having a tree stump, sort of like a quaint fishing spot. (It's a shame you actually can't sit and fish!) I was planning on screening it off with bamboo shoots.

I can't wait to decorate around my ponds. I'm planning on having a tree stump, sort of like a quaint fishing spot. (It's a shame you actually can't sit and fish!) I was planning on screening it off with bamboo shoots.

That sounds like a good idea! A lot of people don't like the ponds, but I love them!

Honestly, I just really love how most of my pwps worked out and especially certain ones in terms of going with my character houses.
For instance:
- love how my hot spring pwp aids my bathhouse character house (house isn't really even started yet but eventually lol)
- love how the stone tablet aids my shrine themed house (also not started yet lol) and how it came out with my patterns/paths
- rack of rice outside my restaurant themed house
- really love my event plaza now that all the trees are grown in
- love my water pump surrounded by clovers and bamboo
- really like how my campsite ended up in terms of how well it functions with the picnic pwp and the firepit one surrounded by more clovers
- really like how the zen garden suits being in front of my mayor house and my town hall for a bossy sort of feel lol

Overall really feeling my town lately lol. Glad too because I'm not the biggest fan of the map but everything coming together is making me glad I haven't reset it. :)

None lol, it's wretched. Thinking of resetting. Trying to get Diana out so I can give her to someone who wants her. I feel like I'd be wasting her if I reset. It's whatever I've never been artsy and I always envy seeing people who have neat towns :(

Last edited:
My favorite is probably the part where I put the bus stop along with the modern bench and drinking fountain since it's connected by a wooden bridge to the villager houses. I got it right where I initially plan it to have the houses like a small community and they could just use the bridges like they could just go up if they wanna use the bus stop and go to the train station or go down to the center if they want to chill near the fountain. I guess you could say the area around the fountain is one of my favorite areas too :)

I know people rarely visit beaches, but I think my beaches are probably my favourite spots to chill. Each beach has a seperate colour theme and stumps / picnic blankets (pattern) laid out. If only we were able to put PWPs down there.

WVW69kkjtJco9lQmm3

Last edited:
To me it is my house which is placed near the waterfall and close to the beach. I like it that you can hear the waterfall and sea in the house.

I have two, both on the left side of my town. The first is up in the left corner. I planted cedar trees, filled in the gaps with holly bushes (helps hide the train tracks), put in a log bench along the river, and killed a perfect cherry tree for a "hollow tree" look. I've planted white cosmos all through the area and am mixing in mushrooms and pink and black cosmos, as I breed them. The only thing I don't much care for is that there is a rock, but it still works.

The other is in the bottom corner, along the cliff. I've just started on it, so it still needs some work, but it'll be a nice place to sit. A fairy tale bench is surrounded by fruit trees - lemon, lychee, orange, and durian, with perfect cherries in the background. I'll be planting sweet olive bushes in and around the trees, and white, yellow, and pink tulips to set off the bench.

Back