• Total voters

Drokmar

Overall, a pretty rad guy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Isabelle
Hey everyone!

I've been mulling this over for a little bit and was wondering, is it worth resetting for a better town layout? I've only had this town since May, so I haven't exactly invested a ton of time into it. Figured I'd ask now before I put too much effort into it. I don't even have any real dreamies in my town besides Antonio and Charlise. So, what're ypur thoughts? Sound off in the comments and leave your thoughts in the above poll!

Here's my town layout as of now
image.jpg

It really depends. I will never reset my game, as I've invested way too much to do so, with all the upgrades and items I've gained. But if you really hate your layout you've gotten, or if it is just too limiting, it is your choice.

To me, there is no bad layout - just poor design put into it. A good mayor can make any layout look good! It just takes effort and adaption to the layout at hand.

I agree with Lanstar wholeheartedly.

I'm a habitual resetter and I even made anti reset blog to keep myself from resetting. I'm not going to let myself reset again. I going to adapt to my layout. Sure there are things about it that I don't like but I'm looking at the possibilities, not the flaws.

Anyways, in the end, it's really up to you. If you feel like you don't like your layout anymore and you don't mind having to get all the encyclopedia items again and have to unlock all the shops, to get a new layout which 9 times out of 10 is going to have something in it that you're not going to like anyways, then I say reset.

What don't you like about your map anyways?

Last edited:
Since you've only had your town for a little while compared to others and you don't really like your town layout I would say that you should reset! Find someone to carry your items and etc and just do it. When you reset your town you receive millions of bells thanks to the update, and when you start a new town, try picking a map you like, and if you don't like any of the choices, turn off the game and restart until you find a layout you love. I suggest plot resetting for your dreamies too so that you're more satisfied with the layout of your town later on.

It really depends. I will never reset my game, as I've invested way too much to do so, with all the upgrades and items I've gained. But if you really hate your layout you've gotten, or if it is just too limiting, it is your choice.

To me, there is no bad layout - just poor design put into it. A good mayor can make any layout look good! It just takes effort and adaption to the layout at hand.

I also agree with you.
The map is good, just a really poorly designed town.
P_20170911_124414_HL.jpg
Heres my town for example. Ive decided to make a mini district with my town hall, retail, and cafe next to each other. The town plaza gave me lots of elbow room to make a lake around the tree, which is sweet.
Plot resetting takes time, but so worth.

Resetting is all up to you, but in my personal opinion, I say go for it

Last edited:
Since you've only had your town for a little while compared to others and you don't really like your town layout I would say that you should reset! Find someone to carry your items and etc and just do it. When you reset your town you receive millions of bells thanks to the update, and when you start a new town, try picking a map you like, and if you don't like any of the choices, turn off the game and restart until you find a layout you love. I suggest plot resetting for your dreamies too so that you're more satisfied with the layout of your town later on.

Definitely a fair point... The only problem is that I have, like, over 200 lucky clovers for a path I was making. I'll mull it over and try to make a decision by the end of the week.

I also agree with you.
Heres my town for example. Ive decided to make a mini district with my town hall, retail, and cafe next to each other. The town plaza gave me lots of elbow room to make a lake around the tree, which is sweet.

A lot of people don't know about plot resetting or think it's too much work it's a shame )::::

Last edited:
A lot of people don't know about plot resetting or think it's too much work it's a shame )::::

I've been trying to plot reset, I usually end up being off by one space. I've almost gotten it down, I suppose if I rearrange the houses enough, I could free up a lot of space.

I've been trying to plot reset, I usually end up being off by one space. I've almost gotten it down, I suppose if I rearrange the houses enough, I could free up a lot of space.

Heres some good advice. This is how plot resetting works

OOOOO
OHHHO
OHHHO
OHHHO
OOHOO

The lone H at the bottom is what usually prevents players or the game from placing items or digging holes in front of doors.

Heres some good advice. This is how plot resetting works

OOOOO
OHHHO
OHHHO
OHHHO
OOHOO

The lone H at the bottom is what usually prevents players or the game from placing items or digging holes in front of doors.

So just to double-check, The O's are where I'd lay patterns on the ground, and the H's need to be empty, right?

So just to double-check, The O's are where I'd lay patterns on the ground, and the H's need to be empty, right?

Yup, if you want your villagers to move in that spot.
Simply fill in one of the H and the villager won't move in that spot!

Yup, if you want your villagers to move in that spot.
Simply fill in one of the H and the villager won't move in that spot!

Putting patterns on the floor prevents villagers from plotting in a spot? Or are you saying to put a pattern on the floor to see where you want the villager to move?

Putting patterns on the floor prevents villagers from plotting in a spot? Or are you saying to put a pattern on the floor to see where you want the villager to move?

The first one.Before, Villagers could move ANYWHERE they want.
Nintendo fans complained, so in the new update, Villagers can't move on patterns! This created the method of plot resetting ;P

Last edited:
The first one.Before, Villagers could move ANYWHERE they want.
Nintendo fans complained, so in the new update, Villagers can't move on patterns! This created the method of plot resetting ;P

Oh I see... I've been plot resetting without knowing abt this, I had been plot resetting for hours on end omfg.

I also agree with you.
View attachment 207744

oh my god this town looks beautiful!! I wish I could do layout plan like that. I tend to zone in on small areas and then work to connect them... but this looks so good! like a layout in an rpg town ^^

In case your questioning plot resetting, most of the villagers I had in Jewel(resetted town) were plot resetted. I recommend a pirate beach, wide spaces, and secret little areas, you could say.

As a serial-resetter I've reset 3 times I would recommend not resetting. You will probably find many things you don't like about it later on, once you've settled into it. This is just from my experience though! You do whatever you think is best. It's a very fun process, that's why I've done it so much xP

Back