• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yay, hybrid breeding was a success!!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I'm surprised this worked because a part of me was expecting it not to. I managed to get two black roses.

21686443_347612202347724_4406085823509016913_n.jpg
21616483_347612049014406_960082585999359298_n.jpg

I've grown hybrids before but these are special because, unlike previously, I was trying to get them. Again, I'm just surprised it actually worked. The rest of my pairs produced either red roses or no new roses.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And then I caught this. I don't even think I'm wearing my lucky item today.

21616080_347615432347401_4283617915261630856_n.jpg

Congrats! They're growing like weeds in my town. It's kinda good, but also annoying at the same time. Personally, I prefer laying flowers diagonally.

Very good! I'm glad my advice helped you. Now that you have 2 Black roses, you can water them together, and they'll pretty much always give you more blacks that way.

What are you going to do next on the breeding front?

Last edited:
Congrats! They're growing like weeds in my town. It's kinda good, but also annoying at the same time. Personally, I prefer laying flowers diagonally.

Thank you. Yeah, they aren't growing like weeds in my town......yet but I'm hoping they will though now that I know I can breed them consciously. lol

Congrats, congrats!! Keep it up and make a beautiful hybrid flower town!

Very good! I'm glad my advice helped you. Now that you have 2 Black roses, you can water them together, and they'll pretty much always give you more blacks that way.

What are you going to do next on the breeding front?

Yeah, I moved the black roses to the front of my house so they can't be trampled on and placed them right next to each other and watered them. Hopefully tomorrow, more black roses will grow.

I have no idea what I'm going to do next in regards to breeding but likely, I'm going to continue breeding roses then in a few days I'll move onto pansies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Congrats, congrats!! Keep it up and make a beautiful hybrid flower town!

Thank you. I'm probably now going to go overboard with hybrid breeding now that i know I can breed them when I'm actually trying XD

I'm probably now going to go overboard with hybrid breeding now that i know I can breed them when I'm actually trying XD

Going overboard with hybreeding is my thing. But you're welcome to try! :p I love competition!

Today, pink roses showed up. Didn't know two red roses can also produce pink roses. I thought two red roses only produced black roses or red roses

21728499_347987985643479_1140939821724503831_n.jpg

Tfw you've never even tried purposely breeding hybrids and get them randomly because you can't be bothered...

wait is that just me?

Congrats! Your town is really coming along... the paths you posted on the screenshot thread are also very pretty, love the mossy look :)
It took me a very long time to get pink roses on one of my towns, but on the other one I kept finding pinks and purples randomly... it figures that I had no interest on such flowers on the town where they appeared. x) (I only have one 3ds and transferring requires finding a kind soul that helps me)

Back