• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

9/13/2017 Nintendo Direct

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
Nintendo just announced they'll be holding their next Nintendo Direct on September 13th, 3PM PT for the US, 23:00 BST for the UK, and midnight on the 14th for Europe. Japan is also on board and the direct is set to be 45 minutes long.

Hmm, hope we get some Pok?mon info there, would be neat to get to know more unless they do a Special one for that later.

I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a new Animal Crossing game, or at least give some info on the mobile app.

I also read that there will be new info on SM Odyssey! Hypeeee

Last edited:
yeah could be Warriors or they will just ramble about random Switch titles as well.

Kinda hope that they will at least announce that they working on a Animal Crossing game for the Switch.
Some Pokemon news would be also nice. Otherwise I will let myself be surprised what Nintendo will show
us.

there better as **** be news on pokemon or else I'll probably not buy USM. The abject lack of news on that game indicates that it's either not much different from Sun and Moon, or there's no hype cycle for a reason.

I'm also hoping there's Animal Crossing news too. Nintendo's really dropped the ball on updates with that

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and any more pandering to fire emblem and I'll riot

I'm expecting some info on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon, Pokken, Fire Emblem Warriors, Odyssey obviously, and praying this is the direct where AC Switch is announced.

there better as **** be news on pokemon or else I'll probably not buy USM. The abject lack of news on that game indicates that it's either not much different from Sun and Moon, or there's no hype cycle for a reason.

Yeah just new forms, and very little other info other than that Cap Pikachu QR code things make it very meh so far if it will be as the regular sun/moon games. I mean I will probably preorder it from somewhere since I guess events and stuff will be there from when it releases unless they let it exist side by side and not ditching old sun/moon completely.

Also they better be open with if it's gonna be a New 3ds/XL only just to earn money when they could have made it less hard...

Either Animal Crossing Switch, or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC announced during the direct. And i'll be one happy camper.

USUM are coming around pretty soon, so I'd say news on the game is definite.

I forgot about the Animal Crossing APP which is a complete bummer, I should be hyped about it not forgetting about it. More promotion was needed, so I hope we get some details. Not footage or anything.

I don't really mind if we get a new AC games but I don't think I'll buy a Switch. :(

Quick predictions:
  • The announcement Tweet specifies the Switch and 3DS, meaning that the AC mobile game is most likely not going to be announced here.
  • Previously-mentioned Tweet did specifically mention Mario Odyssey however, so that'll most likely be the focus of the Direct.
  • FE Warriors comes out in a few weeks in Japan and there's still quite a bit that we don't know about it since they've only been focusing on revealing characters, so expect some stuff about that.
  • Arms' 3.0 update should have a quick mention. Hoping that some kind of new mode gets added!
  • Going along with Arms, maybe there'll be some quick mention of a Splat 2 update.
  • Pok?mon USUM really needs some new info. I'm not interested in getting it but I feel bad for the people that are with this amazing lack of any news on the game.
  • Zelda DLC should have some kind of quick trailer or something.
  • Not expecting it, but MK8D DLC please!
  • If they are still planning on releasing Xenoblade 2 this year then they need to start acting like it.
  • Amiibos, amiibos, amiibos. Amiibos everywhere. Big amiibos, small amiibos, medium-sized amiibos. All the amiibos.
  • Not expecting any big game announcements from this random mid-September Direct.
  • VC on Switch, where u at?

Let's all hope animal crossing isn't announced so I don't need to get a switch

The direct will probably cover the new Mario game, Pokemon ultra sun + moon and hopefully mk8 deluxe DLC to give Birdo, Diddy Kong and Dry Bones the spotlight they deserve - would be nice if this DLC released on the Wii U as well :rolleyes: Amiibo would be nice too, preferably Toadette I'm predicting a Pauline at some point (but probably not now since Odyssey wave 1 isn't out yet)

Last edited:
Let's all hope animal crossing isn't announced so I don't need to get a switch

The direct will probably cover the new Mario game, Pokemon ultra sun + moon and hopefully mk8 deluxe DLC to give Birdo, Diddy Kong and Dry Bones the spotlight they deserve - would be nice if this DLC released on the Wii U as well :rolleyes: Amiibo would be nice too, preferably Toadette I'm predicting a Pauline at some point (but probably not now since Odyssey wave 1 isn't out yet)
Dry Bones is in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And i'm hoping for Toadette as an amiibo as well. And when I get it, i'll keep it in a special place and not on my amiibo shelf.

I can't wait to see my favourite game (Bayonetta 3) for the first time!

If my favourite girl comes out with a new 'do I can go 10 years without new animal crossing, kamiya, Please.....

Oh so the rumors were right! I saw something about a developer alluding to a Nintendo Direct on the 13th a few days ago haha.

Personally I'm looking forward to Holiday Switch Bundle announcements, Fire Emblem Switch preview, new Monolith Soft game preview (the one they were recently recruiting people for), and ofc Animal Crossing for the Switch. xD

I don't really know what I want to see from this direct... I guess I wouldn't mind some Botw dlc news (not that I have a Switch anyway).

The Japanese page of the Nintendo Direct explicitly says that there won't be any mobile news whatsoever, so that rules out the possibility of the announcement of the long-awaited Animal Crossing app for this presentation. Unless they follow up with an Animal Crossing Direct show soon after or show that app at tomorrow's Apple Event, we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

Source: http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/165225480409

Dry Bones is in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And i'm hoping for Toadette as an amiibo as well. And when I get it, i'll keep it in a special place and not on my amiibo shelf.

Oops, my bad! I was thinking of another character that didn't make it into the game who I currently cannot remember

Back