• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

9/13/2017 Nintendo Direct

Please if there's a god let there be Animal Crossing for the Switch
and maybe Pokemon Silver on virtual console? Been wanting that for ages since my cartridge is dead

Arent gold and silver already coming out on VC like next month

If I take 45 minutes out of my evening for this and I don't see anything worthwhile I will scream

Whooh I'm pumped about the 2DS XL color finally coming over

Please if there's a god let there be Animal Crossing for the Switch
and maybe Pokemon Silver on virtual console? Been wanting that for ages since my cartridge is dead

sliver coming later this month around the 20th :)

There was no Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC or Animal Crossing Switch. You shouldn't expect what you want in stuff like these.

R.I.P hopes of Animal Crossing

My thoughts on the Mario Party game:

Ok, so I am a pretty big fan of Mario Party and this doesn't look too great. First - no wifi STILL. Second - just minigames? That doesn't sound too fun. Fans have wanted something like this for years, but with the actual boards too!!! Also, from just the minigames in the trailer I can tell that they haven't exactly picked the 'Top 100'. Coney Island, Chain Chomp Washing(?), The gun duel game and the photo minigame from 10 (just to name a few) aren't exactly what I would call 'best picks' at all! They're bland and ones that I would sigh if I got, leading me to believe that a majority of the unrevealed ones will also be boring. Wondering how they're handling the characters though, since there quite a few characters who only appear in one mario party, as shown below:

CONFIRMED
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Peach
Daisy
Yosh
Rosalina

UNCONFIRMED
DK
Toad
Toadette
Boo
Koopa Kid
Birdo
Dry Bones
Blooper
Kamek
Hammer Bro
Shy Guy
Koopa
Spike

I think I listed all of them. That leaves more characters unconfirmed than confirmed! My guess is that any character with character assets already (Anyone playable in Star Rush) will be in the game, and the others won't. Which would be a shame since Birdo and Dry Bones will be left out (Yet again!), along with other characters that are part of 'Mario Party history'

Edit: Oh, but at least this game might lead to a Super Mario amiibo wave 3 (With Toadette, Dry Bones and Birdo)

Last edited:
Did GF try to pick up the boncing ball by info droppings for usum?

9kShgVE.png

Bill ruined my bingo by not showing up :mad:

Imo, that was a pretty good direct. Only bad thing is that there's still no new info about botw dlc 2. Other than that, everything was ok and I'm glad to see the switch getting that 3rd party support. Definitely gonna get mario odyssey, LA Noire and some indies.
Remember expect nothing, or you'll be set up for massive disappointment. Just take a look at twitter when you search for animal crossing. It will come in due time.

Last edited:
Remember expect nothing, or you'll be set up for massive disappointment. Just take a look at twitter when you search for animal crossing. It will come in due time.

Basically this.
Why would Nintendo reveal a big game like AC or Smash in this random Direct when they could've done it back at E3? Directs are for revealing info for games that we know are coming already, or announcements of smaller games. The only way AC would've been mentioned in this Direct is if they announced a Switch port of Happy Home Designer or something similar.
I was still happy with the Direct personally.
*snip*

Bill ruined my bingo by not showing up :mad:
I'd cross off the Splat 2 update square, we have 2 new maps and a new weapon coming. Still no bingo sadly :/

Does Nintendo even want me to want a Switch at this point?

That was one of the most boring Nintendo Directs I have ever watched.

worst direct in a long time. Mostly things we already knew about. Ultra sun and moon are looking more and more like reskinned DLC every "update" and may be the first pokemon game I've skipped in a while.

and most importantly...no Animal Crossing or Smash. I mean, I kind of didn't expect smash, but Nintendo's continued shunning of AC is getting pretty bad at this point.

*sigh* At least Odyssey looks good.

worst direct in a long time. Mostly things we already knew about. Ultra sun and moon are looking more and more like reskinned DLC every "update" and may be the first pokemon game I've skipped in a while.

and most importantly...no Animal Crossing or Smash. I mean, I kind of didn't expect smash, but Nintendo's continued shunning of AC is getting pretty bad at this point.

*sigh* At least Odyssey looks good.

It was most definitely not the worst direct in a while lmao

I actually enjoyed this direct all things considered. Nothing major but still quite a few announcements I'm excited for! I know I shouldn't expect anything huge but sometimes Nintendo throws out surprise big announcements and it being 45 mins got my hopes up :(
I thought maybe if I wished hard enough I could will Animal Crossing into existence :p

I'd cross off the Splat 2 update square, we have 2 new maps and a new weapon coming. Still no bingo sadly :/

As excited as I am (Kelp Dome <3), I consider "major" to be more along the lines of a new game mode, new weapon class, story dlc etc. Oh, and more hair. That'd be the biggest update of them all! I was expecting this kind of smaller update but I wanted to be more bold in my prediction :lemon:

Back