• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

PSA: The "Good Luck Charm" Item really does bring you good luck!

Lanstar

Orange 🍊
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
A few days back, I wondered whether or not this "Good Luck Charm" I won in Desert Island Escape really counts as a lucky item, as seen here:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?432282-Does-the-quot-Good-Luck-Charm-quot-really-improve-your-luck

Since no one knew for sure, I decided to test to see if it did. To my surprise: It really does give you good luck! My testing process can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/6z9w3v/my_great_discovery_the_good_luck_charm_item/

A little more about this:

I got this item by clearing all the levels in Desert Island Escape a few days ago. I was doing some clean-up when I got it, and just stored the item.

Then, I decided to decorate with it the next day, just for Feng Shui points. But as I was going to hang it up, there was an option for it called "Show it off" - the same option you get for bugs and fish! This struck me curious, and wondered if it counted as a lucky item, just like the Celebration Hat - only you don't 'wear' the Good Luck Charm - it stays in your pockets.

Today I was able to test it, as the Lovely Phone said I had Wealth Luck. I knew that one property of Wealth Luck was that normal trees dropped 200 bells apiece instead of 100 bells if you wore the lucky item of the day. I dressed without lucky clothing, and kept theLuck Charm in my Pockets. Low and behold: This Cedar Tree here dropped 200 Bells!

Also, I decided to check the trees with the charm stored in a letter instead of my pockets. The trees started dropping 100 bells like normal once more. This tells me this item is what gave me the luck!

I hope this helps you all! Now with that out of the way... I'm going to dress in many more ways in the game, as I'm no longer tied to the celebration hat. ^_^

Last edited:
Woo, congrats! That's nice to know. :)
I'll probably never finish Desert Island Escape, though, so I can't really use this information, but good for you. :)

Oh wow. I can't believe how much detail and work into the game.
Seriously , Animal crossing is a master piece
Thank you for sharing lanstar. :)

Last edited:
I didn't even know that there was a good luck charm in the game! Wow, now I finish Desert Island Escape just to get it. (>ω<)

Lol, I didn't think if the possibility of it improving luck with being carried. I just wanted it for house theme decor. Good to know. :)

Back